The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repainting my Engine cover--WHAT COLOUR?

TRD3000GT

OK,

As some of you may have seen I have the plastic engine cover part and the fusebox covers painted Tein Electric Green, Which if Im honest Ive gone off a bit..

As Im having a load of polishing done in the next few months I want to change the colours inside the bay as well. I want it to look seriously classy and NOT RICE...

So tell me what colour you think the plastic spark plug cover would look best in?

Im considering Lambo Yellow / or a flat (non metalic) yellow with everything else in silver.

EDIT: didn't read the first post :D

i quite like the clear covers mate, assumin you're runnin HKS or equivalent cams etc. you can't go wrong with blue but that's been done to death. how about havin it metallic black - Peter Sharp had his a nice black colour and it looks great. Chrome might be a bit too bling etc.

cant have the clear cover otherwise I would have done so...

Its a VVTI people which means it has the POWER BULDGE :tongue: in the area at intake cam gear area.

Now looking at that yellow cover Im not sure... I was thinking a nice arab gold but it might look a bit :who:

If you want smart, a nice metalic graphite grey would like nice.

Otherwise you need a colour which you can use as a theme & then match the colour of the hoses etc to it.

Have you got a current pic of your engine bay?

I've gone gone for a non primary colour as many of ther cars seem to go for bright reds or blues.

Some of the light tones blend well with the chrome parts and make the engine bay a little less serious. :complain:

I rekon purple looks good ! Give your car the gothic look :p

Image009a.jpg

Image010.jpg

While my car was off the road, I went to see it one day and the guy's at Mr T had been playing around and tested a colour out to see if I liked it - They colour matched to the HKS hoses, I told them it was OK but, I was just about to change the colour of my hoses :D so, put it back to black.

It was nice that they were trying to please :)

snap.jpg

If anyone wants their engine cover in carbon fibre look, I'm going to start offering the service. Going to also look at doing fuse box and other plastic engine bay parts. I'll post photos tomorrow of the first sample with price details.

It will be the same effect as the parts shown in the attached photo (photo stolen from geezabloke :innocent: :thanks: )

Dash bits.JPG

If anyone wants their engine cover in carbon fibre look, I'm going to start offering the service. Going to also look at doing fuse box and other plastic engine bay parts. I'll post photos tomorrow of the first sample with price details.

It will be the same effect as the parts shown in the attached photo (photo stolen from geezabloke :innocent: :thanks: )

I thought....Fcuk me that looks good! and familiar.....lol

Dave :ecstatic: