The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie saying Hello

wheels-inmotion

Hello..My web site has shown that people here have read its content, so i thought i should return the interest and come into the forum. My name is Tony, live in Hemel Hempsted Herts and i work within the 'fast fit' industry, my field is geometry and geometry theory, in 03 i became an instructor and now validated i built wheels-inmotion. The site is a warning and for Education.

Since 03 i have have some 'life' changing decisions to make? go with the job offers and work for the main dealers or stay in fast fit and work for the 'common' man'..... When i read the 'Distressed' mail sent to wheels-inmotion the answer became obvious to me 'stay' with the common man, ok the pay is 'pants' but the results are more rewarding when i get to deal with the customer one to one.

I hope my field 'geometry only' may be of some help to members here.

To the 'Moderaters' i am not a business wheels-inmotion is only a web address, although i work within a company i gain £0 from any customer.

Guest Sakura

Hi Tony :welcome:

I posted a link to your web site recently, as I found your explanation of car geometry really interesting. As a direct result, I have just had my 4 wheel alignment done and actually knew what was going on and why it was so important!

Your advice is excellent. :thanks:

Hi Tony :welcome:

I posted a link to your web site recently, as I found your explanation of car geometry really interesting. As a direct result, I have just had my 4 wheel alignment done and actually knew what was going on and why it was so important!

Your advice is excellent. :thanks:

Thanks for that link. i hope that my area can help here in the forum, but i must add geometry is my total field.. dont ask me about 'turbos' and things alike :drown: ...your 4 wheel alignment did you get a print out? if yes can you display it here?

Guest Sakura
Thanks for that link. i hope that my area can help here in the forum, but i must add geometry is my total field.. dont ask me about 'turbos' and things alike :drown: ...your 4 wheel alignment did you get a print out? if yes can you display it here?

I did - but I don't have access to a scanner. :( If I can find someone to scan it for me, I will post it. I know lots of other people have posted their results on the board. I will do a search and see how mine compares! :)

Always good to see new members...

Welcome dude...

Look forward to hearing some of your thoughts on geometry setups as well...

Gav

3D geometry is not easy to understand, but the laws within geometry cover all cars so there is an easy overlap. I had the chance to re-write the geometry for Lexus IS200/300 with a ( to date ) 100% conclusion also i wrote the set-up for 'Drift accadamy' UK, and a paper on 'heal and toe' tyre wear for NOC USA this also when to arbitration. All in all it been an interesting visable year. Most of my online work involves 'distressed' people and most times its the main dealers who have 'failed' now the customer is without support and looks for help online.

A little more about me!

1: I dislike German cars for various geometrical reasons.

2: I am piss-poor at spelling. No 'excusses' just bad education and a victim of 'ITA'...anyone remember that?

:welcome: aboard, just had a quick shufty at your site, looks like I might be spending a little time on there reading some of your articles. Great work mate.

Thanks. The thing about geometry is its a 'boring' read....untill you need it, then the cost of the loss will desire education. The fact is when i went for my training i like most went online, and i looked....and looked....and looked, were is the information? then i sat back and realized it's not 'there' hence wheels-inmotion, so i put it there on the web, good, bad , sad, i dont know. I am 'not' the law with geometry, anyone who says they are is a liar, but i do have a understanding above most and that i volunteer here if it helps.

Jolly decent of you I think! Like Maxx says I will also be spending a few evenings reading through the site, at first glance it seems like and excellent guide. A mate at work has an Impreza and has told me that I should get my car's geometry checked out/straightened up when I get it (Supra TT6, arrives this month! :)), but couldn't really explain why or whayt is involved - your site is filling that knowledge gap perfectly! :)

Jolly decent of you I think! Like Maxx says I will also be spending a few evenings reading through the site, at first glance it seems like and excellent guide. A mate at work has an Impreza and has told me that I should get my car's geometry checked out/straightened up when I get it (Supra TT6, arrives this month! :)), but couldn't really explain why or whayt is involved - your site is filling that knowledge gap perfectly! :)

Good thats why its there :) Geometry is not just a set of figures its also a set of forces, once corrected the car feels like new! also there is the ability to manafacture certain effects through the geometry and customize the set-up. One if the weidest set-ups i have done was an independent 'funny' car for the 'pod' 'two seasons'....one would assume the geometry would require 'Dead ahead' as the major demand, well thats what i thought ( wrong ) .....The maths was endless but i learnt alot from that example.