The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra been on the rollers today at LPS

TimH

Thought I would start the ownership off of a good note by RR'ing her, had some nice cars up there including a nice porsche, I am chuffed that she managed 353.5bhp and 320 torque..... I knew she was going to be quick but wasn't quite expecting that :thumbs:

Fly matey, she has:

HKS Super Dragger Exhaust

HKS downpipe

HKS induction kit

HKS FCD

HKS Plugs

All been done by TDI PLC and very happy with their work so far, I have been talking 2 new tubbies with LPS or a single conversion, time will tell :tongue:

Out of interest, what boost are you running and I'm assuming it's been de-catted?

Also, I maybe totally wrong but I thought that BHP and Torque figures should be quite similar for a car that's running well? Apologies in advance - I'm probably wrong!

1 cat is missing and she's is boosting at a constant 1.2..... would love to know also if bhp and torque should be the same, I didn't think so, but I may also be wrong :help:

Just been looking at some stats:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=29073&page=1

Some BHP/Torque figures are similar but some are not - Can someone explain what would be ideal?

Thanks

She is boosting at 1.2BAR with only 1 CAT removed? Sounds a bit high to me matey..

Maybe she is making that power on actually less boost that you think.. I would of thought so for a TT.

Mine's hitting 1.2 with only 1 cat removed.

Need to get it checked over me thinks!

i've done the other one (only cos i've got issues getting the bolts off on the first one but will sort it one day).

TDI's website recommend you keep the mid one in (what you've done) as a means to restrict over boosting so it can't be that bad, i assume they know what they're doing - although some guys on here don't recommened TDI and refer them to a bunch of cowboys.

I'm only running 1 bar (with the help from a MBC) i've been told this is too much with a cat still in place but i've been doing this for over 8 months and seems fine to me - famous last words !

Tim,

A Boost controller can only increase boost and not decrease it.

Cheers,

Ro

what he said.

if you are over boosting due to the decat then speak to Chris Wilson about fitting a restrictor ring to further reduce the boost, although having the mid cat in you shouldn't need it ? strange

i had mine rolling roaded at tdi not so long ago she reached 300bhp and 277ft torque that was with number five piston down running 0.7-0.8 boost also the speed limiter was on so couldnt run her over 5000rpm. im sure you should be running more power :shrug:

At 1.2bar, shouldn't you be nearer the 380-390bhp mark at the fly? I agree with Markie, 350bhp is more like a 1bar power figure.

Maybe my Greddy boost guage is mis-reading then :shrug: I am now getting quite worried tbh, she goes in to the garage on Wednesday and will ask the chaps to give her a good looking at :cry:

On that note, if anyone has a greddy boost guage could they tell me where their needle sits when the engine is off please, it seems to read .2 over when the engine is off, as soon as i start it it sets to a minus figure :shrug: :giveup:

Ok, my gauge (just been out to look) is sitting at 0.2 when engine off, so I guess there is a problem with it and potentially the 1.2 bar reading I am getting when running should be 1 bar, not the 1.2 it's reading...... do we concure on this or could I be wrong?