The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RadTech SMIC.

Wipeout

I paid £350 for mine.... it would have been cheaper in a group buy but still at £350 I think I've got value for money.

RadTech's design is a much deeper unit than the stock version and can flow a greater volume of air through it at any one point in time.

It uses all the stock mounting points and fit into the same location, no need for any other hoses at it uses all stock parts.

Only thing to note is that due to its greater depth space gets rather tight when fitting it. I took mine to Envy to fit as it involves taking off the front bumper and inner wheel arch shroud... be the same sort of thing no matter which SMIC you go for.

I paid £350 for mine.... it would have been cheaper in a group buy but still at £350 I think I've got value for money.

RadTech's design is a much deeper unit than the stock version and can flow a greater volume of air through it at any one point in time.

It uses all the stock mounting points and fit into the same location, no need for any other hoses at it uses all stock parts.

Only thing to note is that due to its greater depth space gets rather tight when fitting it. I took mine to Envy to fit as it involves taking off the front bumper and inner wheel arch shroud... be the same sort of thing no matter which SMIC you go for.

I'll say! Great value for money. I just replaced my SMIC with a good-condition stock one and as you say it's bumper off, wheel arch liner off et cetera. I had considered ringing RadTech to see if they sold them but had presumed they were going to be specially made for this GB. No one said they were available off the shelf!

...as you say it's bumper off, wheel arch liner off et cetera.

Not really, I changed mine and the bumper didn't move a millimetre.

Just the headlight and the arch liner.

You need to apply some common sense when fitting the new one though, the liner goes first on it's own then it is screwed on the SMIC.

Not really, I changed mine and the bumper didn't move a millimetre.

Just the headlight and the arch liner.

You need to apply some common sense when fitting the new one though, the liner goes first on it's own then it is screwed on the SMIC.

can you explain that in a bit more detail?

Is there a URL for the RadTech ?

it seems it would be http://www.radtech.co.uk , which is a uk2.net redirect to radtechltd.freeserve.co.uk or something, which is not there anymore!

anyhoo.. searching for "radtech radiators" brings up lots of discussions with people recommending them for custom work, including the following:

You could try RadTech in Birmingham, they made a special for me for the 460ci Ford for about £360.00 all in, and that was with me asking for odd size inlet and outlets, dam fine piece of work.

RadTech 0121 3569229

can you explain that in a bit more detail?

I didn't need to take off the bumper to change the FMIC.

If you have the replacement i/c next to you, orient it and see exactly where the 3 mounting points are. You'll find that you can access them with just taking off the headlight and the arch liner.

Have the car raised from the driver's side obviously, and take the wheel off. It was an easy swap, despite me having to negotiate around the larger UK brakes.

if there is enough interest i will sort this out, but i really need to see enough interest as i put alot of effort into sorting this last time only to be let down over and over again by people backing out when it was time to pay, dont forget people i make nothing on these the same as the badges and is just to help the supra community out so please make it as easy as posible for me

I am interested for sure.

Lets get some more info about these SMIC's as far as performance and quality is concerned compared to a BRAND NEW stock Toyota one & other offerings available BEFORE I commit to one.

Regards