The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for importers...

JustGav

I appear to be having some issues with the people importing my NA..

Just want to check I'm not being a bit harsh on them or if they are indeed being a little evasive..

Story so far..

1. Paid for the Yen value of the car upfront..

2. Got a phone call last friday saying the car had arrived and they wanted the remain portion for the customs / vat.

3. Drove up sunday to deliver the rest of the cash

4. Promised a phone call yesterday to let me know about the car.

5. No phonecall, sent a message and got a reply saying 'Security installed tomorrow, mot'd and registed tuesday, delivery ASAP'

Now, I'm a little worried, since I've effectively paid over all the money for the car and I don't actually have posession of the vehicle yet..

Can any importers here fill me on the procedure..

Thanks

Gav

Hey Gav, I know what your going through. I had to pay for everything up front on mine and it was nearly 6 weeks after I paid the final amount that I actually got in my car and drove it away!

Appreciate it can be daunting, but it all sounds pretty normal. If your using a reputable importer, I dont think you'll have any issues.