The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard J TT Auto races

Ceptik

Ive had my Supra for about a month now and the grin on my face seems to be getting larger every time i step into it. Ive often seen the odd chav on the road and some race-worthy cars but never 'tried it on' fearing i would lose.

As its mechanically standard what would it compare against? Scooby? Evo? Obviously these cars would be standard also.

Just want to know before i embarrass myself and lose next time something comes along.

Thanks

Guest dee_rz

right scooby's and evo's, don't race them from a stand still as you'll have to play a little catch up (not for long) get them once your rolling ( which will be your common situation ) and you will and should distroy all and most scoobys and evo's even most modded ones too no fear, even well modded scoobys and evo's you'll see on the roads will have usually upto only about 320ish bhp these are the common magic mark which they get to unless you spend like 4k+ extra on them and many of the onwers won't do this, yes they are lighter by some 200kg depending on mark and variant but you have 330bhp and more torque than them and far less transmission losses, trust me pretty much everytime you should win, if they go past you you haven't driven it properly :p or there have done a hell of alot to it, top speed 140-150 on the scoobs and evo's ours when deresricted 180 ish even when standard modded and you'll see i believe beetween 180-190ish....well if you have a 6 speeder and a little less if auto :blahblah:

Guest dee_rz

standard airbox is best for power gains unless you can get some good cool air via a feed to the open induction, or get an arc box (costs££) or apexi seems to be the best open box, i'm making my own enclosed ally box and special cool air feed attachments to the box at the mo, to fit a apexi i have, if all goes well i'll make some more for other people on here with apexi ones, then i can make different ones for different boxes if peps give me the dimensions of pipes and induction kit etc (should get some good gains will test too).

ceptik, a grand is more then enough IMHO... just do the fitting etc yourself and you'll save tons... dont bother changing the air filter to a "mushroom" or cone filter... just replace the air filter element for a decent aftermarket one in the stock airbox...

you'll need:

decat pipe (for 1st and second cat) £200 or less depending where you look, these can be a lot cheaper second hand

Restrictor ring (to keep the boost below 1.2bar) £5 - £25 depending where you go... i got mine with the decat pipe (whifbitz)

Boost Gauge which can be had for around £50 for a mechanical one that does the job.. (i'm writing a detailed guide on how to install one with pictures.... ;) )

Walbro fuel pump £80 -£100 (a moderate job... writing a detailed guide with pictures (next few weeks))

Spark plugs £10-£20 for a full set (6) ... ngk copper ones are recommended for bpu, but should be changed every 4k miles or so.... at £10 a set (that what i got them for) it makes sense compared to spending £60 - £90 on Iridium/platinum ones....

FCD (FUEL CUT DEFENDER) £80 for THOR.... allows you to defeat the standard fuel cut at 1.0bar

Speedo convertor/delimiter £100 from thor.... if you want to take the car beyond the 112 lepton limit ;)

since you have a j-spec, you wont need a boost controller...

just spend a few good hours on the weekend putting the stuff on yourself.... i did and have saved over 2 grand in labour charges since i've had the car (aug 04)... oil/filter/fluid changes are the easiest to do.

good luck :)

• 1 month later...