The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help

ManwithSupra

That's the stock wheel offset, and the one aroun which the suspension was designed. Once you get into aftermarket wheels you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing as the pitfalls are everywhere. You should get wheels with the correct size centre bore hole, with a 50 mm offset, and check one ON THE CAR to see it clears everything BEFORE buying them. I would ONLY run forged wheels on something big heavy and fast like a MKIV, not cast. I would expect the wheels to weigh no kore, and hoefully less, than stock ones. I would run 17 inch through choice, 18 ONLY if needed to clear brakes. Never 19, and 20's are utterly ridiculous. The above limit your choice severely. But following this won't leave you with a car that handles like a dog.

Guest chiefvinso

:hijack: Sorry to hijack, Chris would going for bigger aftermarket rims be a no no then? If so, why? Sorry for a lame question but curious as to why if any they would cause a problem.

Cheers, Keith :thumbs:

would that change depending what alloy you use or is that normal,

I say this cos otherwise it may cost me ££££'s if its wrong

Like Chris Wilson said the stock wheel offset is 50mm, on aftermarket wheels it could be different.

On the wheels I've had it's been marked on the inside of the wheel.