The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For what price would you sell your Low Milage UK Spec 95-96 Supra Manual?

c0c4in3

Hi There :giveup:

Sorry to bother. But I am crazy for a UK Spec 96 or 95 Supra TT manual. Maybe somebody of you is thinkin about sellin his car or knows somebody that thinks about it.

For the right car, I will pay up to 16K. But for that amount it has to be a immaculate car, that's nearly like new.

I am lookin for a Silver, White or Black one. Either Tan or Black leather. Milage limit is 40K (20-30 would be the best). Preferable no bodykit except the veilside one. std. Turbos, exhaust and everything else should be unmodified, too...

I hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks...

My mate has a Storm blue UK, 32,000 miles. Full service history. It's running 1 bar but can be put back to stock. The rear box is a blitz with a standard exhaust tail! Mods done by TDI. Apart from that all standard. PM me if you're interested.

Forgot to say it's a manual - Just having the gearbox oil changed as i write this!

My mate has a Storm blue UK, 32,000 miles. Full service history. It's running 1 bar but can be put back to stock. The rear box is a blitz with a standard exhaust tail! Mods done by TDI. Apart from that all standard. PM me if you're interested.

Forgot to say it's a manual - Just having the gearbox oil changed as i write this!

Sounds good... if it is a nur spec, its okay. Any further details? Pictures? 1 Bar is fine, also...

Thanks, Oliver

I believe it's a Nur spec. He is the second owner. The previous owner decided the exhaust tip was too big so the stock tip was welded on (nice job done). I haven't got a pic, it's completely stock looking, Very good condition, and drives nice too (I have driven it). If you PM me your email - I'll get the owner to get in touch with you directly. Oh, it's an L reg, so it could be a 94.

I was only joking ;)

Yeah, I could imagine that...

I saw a 96 red supra on performancecarcompany.com

unfortunately this car has been sold to somebody in ireland. It was a red 96 with tan leather, 27K miles, FSH, one previous owner and like new. Maybe, if somebody knows this guy, tell him, I will make him a good offer for that one.

Oliver

I would seriously doubt there are any UK-spec's still with less than 40K miles on the clock. If there is then the car must have been off the road for ages... or simply just not used at all. Which in its own right maybe bad for the engine and other components.

A low milage UK-spec is now considered around the 50-60K miles. That is a car which has mainly been used during the summer and done about 5000miles per year if you're looking at a 95 reg plate.

Average milage cars are generally said to have done 10K miles per year. For a 10 year old car that puts 100K miles on the clock !

My UK-spec is only driven in the summer and has 58K miles on the clock .... but I'm not selling mine !!! LOL sorry dude.

Although I'm biased towards the UK-spec car.... I think you can't go wrong with buying a UK TT 6-speed... they are solid as a rock and £ for £ I think its the better buy. But the J-specs were still being produced in Japan until 2002? So if its low milage then you'll have to consider an import.

Yeah, I could imagine that...

I saw a 96 red supra on performancecarcompany.com

unfortunately this car has been sold to somebody in ireland. It was a red 96 with tan leather, 27K miles, FSH, one previous owner and like new. Maybe, if somebody knows this guy, tell him, I will make him a good offer for that one.

Oliver

:respekt:

Thats where all the good cars end up!!!

Just been asked by my mate to post this up regarding the car he may be selling. I got few of the details wrong! I have driven it and looks and drives superb. First Dibbs to Oliver by the way (c0c4in3)!

What's it worth?

" I have a 6sp manual in storm blue metallic with cream leather interior.

> The car has covered 32k miles from new and is in quite simply, show room

> condition. I'd class it as a 'collectable example' which looks/drives

> like

> it could be 12 months old. The car has been fastidiously maintained by

> Lexus/Toyota and has plenty of documentation to support the mileage. The

> car was first registered in June 1996 (N reg) and I have a letter from Toyota GB

> stating that it is not a grey import, and is in fact one of the very last

> Supras to be manufactured and released officially in the UK. I also have

> all the original boot tools, hand books, manuals, and both sets of keys.

>

> It's in completely standard and original state, other than a few light

> modifications which were actually commissioned through the supplying

Lexus

> dealership in order that they did not invalidate the warranty, when the

> car

> was two years old. These comprise: HKS stainless steel exhaust, HKS

> filter, HKS intercooler, and a 'piggy-back' over boost chip. The chip

> raises boost slightly from 1.0 bar to 1.1 bar. Net result is an

> (estimated) 400 bhp at the fly wheel, opposed to standard 326 bhp.

>

> No after market body kits, panels, etc have been fitted and interior is

> completely original, including the Toyota radio/CD.

>

> I have another car which I use most days which is why the mileage is so

> low. I must be honest, it would break my heart to part with it! I

> considered selling this summer to raise a deposit for a house. As it

> looks

> like it'll be next year before the house actually happens now, I'm not

> really in any major rush to sell. If I were to consider parting with it

> this summer, I'd be looking for an offer of £15,000 or above. I have not

> yet posted any details on any of the Supra forums.

>

> If you think you might be interested I can arrange to send you some

> photographs."

Mods were done by TDi I think via Lexus

Ro

'piggy-back' over boost chip

^^ sounds like bollocks to me - bleed valve anyone? Possible FCD too?

It sounds like a very nice example but I'm still not sure why people want to pay such a premium for a UK spec over a J Spec, and it's funny how it's only the UK owners that are saying they are worth that much...