The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gave her a right good seeing-to this weekend!

carl0s

phew!

Friday I replaced the intercooler and air-con condensor

Saturday I took all the interior out and put my own speaker / amp / crossover wiring in! Whoever it was that said the door grommets were a bastard, well.. I'd like to say 'I agree'. Whoever said the tweeters could be unscrewed out, well.. I'd like to say.. No fucking way! I had to rip the metal brackets out, which was just as well 'cause my Focal TN-52's would have been too deep anyway.

So onto Sunday.. I went to see superman Howard and he regassed my aircon and guess what.. NO MORE LEAK!! :D

awe-som.

I have some Focal Utopia 6W3's on order to go in the rear. Should be here Wednesday. fan-bloody-tastic!

The door grommets as in the bits that the wires go through to the corregated pipe between door and wing?

I'm debating whether to replace my cable through that or use the standard - meaning I'd have lovely 3m long cable up to the footwell from my amp, then shite standard cable through to the door!!!

yeah as in the rubber corrogated pipe bit that goes between door and wing. All you have to do is unwrap the tape (pink in my case) on the inside, tape your cables to something thin and long, and push through. I used a thin-ish screwdriver, but thinking about it now, I wish I'd used a metal meat-skewer. Would have been so much easier.

Oh yeah, what you really need to do is pull the grommet (rubber corrogated pipe thing) actually INTO the car.. so push it through both holes so that it has moved up the cable and into the car, then do the above meat-skewer thing to get your wires through, then slide the grommet back into place.

That actually wasn't the hardest bit. Tweeters were. I would recommend removing the dash. As it was, I hadn't read the mkiv.com dash-removal article and was being stubborn.