The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra prices

wicked-wench

I'm thinking of selling my Supra but I have been watching ebay and the prices are really low.

Anyone have any thoughts why this is?

Also if anyone wants to pay over the apparent odds for an L reg Supra TT with full veilside then let me know :) I'll post it up for sale in a few days.

It also has a wicked ICE install which is included (v.loud)

I'm thinking of selling my Supra but I have been watching ebay and the prices are really low.

Anyone have any thoughts why this is?

Also if anyone wants to pay over the apparent odds for an L reg Supra TT with full veilside then let me know :) I'll post it up for sale in a few days.

It also has a wicked ICE install which is included (v.loud)

Got details or pics???

have a few interior photo's, I'm cleaning the outside today so I should have them tomorrow morning :)

Its a 1994 L reg import it has an HKS Hi-Power Muffler (it's big and loud) Its silver and an auto (with overdrive and ECTis). I need to do the proper calculation but it's done approx 80K

The boot houses 2x 12inch subs and a 1000W amp running them. There are four 180watt SPL component speaker systems in the car and an Alpine CD head unit. The ICE is very loud .

http://babylon-sl.com/supra/b.jpg

http://babylon-sl.com/supra/a.jpg

http://babylon-sl.com/supra/c.jpg

Ohh found a recent exterior picture although it was taken in dark wet conditions so she doesn't look her best:P

http://babylon-sl.com/supra/12.jpg

I would like to get £9995 for her and I think she is well worth it.

Hope this helps

Extremely fond of music :) the ICE is essential to enjoy it, I like the quality of sound but to get good quality the system needs to be able to handle a lot of power hence the ICE install in the supra.

Although it would damage the speakers you could probably make your ears bleed with this install :D

I've just checked autotrader and the prices there are low too. This whole price drop issue is quite perplexing :(

Mmm. Not sure. I think there's quite a few being imported, which will depress prices.

Just out of interest, why are you selling? (any potential buyer will ask you this anyway :) )

I've just checked autotrader and the prices there are low too. This whole price drop issue is quite perplexing :(

You are pelplexed why 10year old cars are dropping in price as they age?

What's the alternative, speculators moving in and cashing in on a used-car boom?

Have you got any reason to hope for a repeat of the late eighties' obsession with 'classic cars' ?

you car look mint and I think it can stretch a bit more then the grim prices on auto trader. Supra prices are dropping but there will always be some good example which will sell for higher then average price, just don't stop on TLC to the supra you have.

I have seen a lot of supra from dealer and private selling for silly money and you do get what you pay for most of the time.

it is a buyer market for supra at the mo defo!

China

You are pelplexed why 10year old cars are dropping in price as they age?

What's the alternative, speculators moving in and cashing in on a used-car boom?

Have you got any reason to hope for a repeat of the late eighties' obsession with 'classic cars' ?

I meant the substantial drop in the last 6 months, they were between 10-12K about 6 months ago and are lucky to reach 4K on ebay at the moment

it is a buyer market for supra at the mo defo!

Hi China. That's whats worrying me, I'm selling because of redundancy and I need the money, just seems like life is out to get me at the moment. I have to sell the house as well and house buyers in our area seem to have dissapeared overnight :( Still I suppose I can always sleep in the supra when the mortgage company take the house :)

4k for a TT, I don't follow ebay but thats not right

blown turbo seals and crack rear diff may be ?

thoroghly trashed then flog it off ebay because can't afford petro cost and maintance.

I go for importers on this board if I buy.

China

sorry, didn't read the post , is a non turbo.....

Sorry to hear about your situation, :thumbdown and its a shame you have to sell your supra, but if its any help to you, add a reply in the ladys owners thread, i know that there are a few girls not far from you, who are looking to buy at the moment, well its worth a try, and you might be lucky. ;)

Sorry to hear of this; if theres anyone here who knows what this hell is like its me.

Redundancy is just another word for the sack and its high time a fairer deal was worked out.

All I can say is keep going your car should bring 8-9000 at least.

good luck to you.

:D

There is one very quick and easy answer to your question I'm afraid. Supply and demand. When the fast and the furious raised its head there weren't many about and everyone wanted one. Lets face it when I bought my first one over 3 years ago it was a very rare occasion I saw another one (apart from at meets) now I see new ones every day. They are everywhere. This will unfortunately affect prices, good if you are a first time buyer not so clever if like me you stuck £14k into one less than a year ago and are looking at £10k current value.

I was considering a nice, black, low-mileage UK TT bit over 3 years ago -- it was going for £10K from a *dealer*

A year later the same car would be on the market for £15K because of this artificial bubble from F&F.

It took 2-3 years for this bubble to settle and prices have now come down to what they would have been normally.

Top-of-the-range 'big' cars depreciate very fast as we all know, Toyota or not Toyota.

High-insurance and expesive parts (needed more often!) make up the difference.

Yep, they bought during the Supra 'hype' period, simple as that.

I'd never pay over 'book' price.

If you've got cash aside, some patience and spend some time trawling around the ads, you can always pick up a bargain.

I can't lose money on mine, no matter what happens with future depreciation. Makes me sleep easier.

I'm selling because of redundancy and I need the money, just seems like life is out to get me at the moment. I have to sell the house as well and house buyers in our area seem to have dissapeared overnight :(

I'm sorry to hear that :( Keep your pecker up, things have a weird habit of turning out OK. :)

I agree with AJ that this board is probably a good place to try to sell it. People pay a bit more than what they would on eBay, but that's because they're much more likely to be buying a car that's been looked after, not just abused, neglected, washed and then sold!

People pay a bit more than what they would on eBay, but that's because they're much more likely to be buying a car that's been looked after, not just abused, neglected, washed and then sold!

With this in mind do you think ebay would let me sell my husband :D

This Supra TT just reached 5500 which is a bit better

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4559069221