The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just want to say a MASSIVE thanks

Guest Terry S

Guest Terry S

To my usual partner in Crime Mig, and to Mark @ Phoenix in Watford (01923 228484)

This weekend between us we managed to remove & strip the engine from my VVTi and perform the following:

Change the rods ( H sections put in)

ARP Rod Bolts

ARP Main Cap Bolts

Hone the bores

ARP Head studs

Change to uprated Valve springs

Fit TRD engine mounts

Change the clutch

Fit a new modified slave cylinder

Change the gearbox mount

Reassemble & reinstall. We probably did a few more things but I am pretty tired so cant remember

It turned into a proper Mission, and I cant praise the other two enough as their patience throughout was awesome, and I can honestly say that both Mig an Mark are the most thorough mechanics I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Thanks enormously guys :thumbs::respekt:

We found some pretty interesting things out about VVTi's too, but thats for another time....

To my usual partner in Crime Mig, and to Mark @ Phoenix in Watford (01923 228484)
Hmmm.... I wonder if they'd be interested in fitting my replacement VVTi engine and turbos.

I wonder how many hours labour it would be, roughly....

I might have to ring them tomorrow. Dunno how I'd get the car and engine up there though.

Terry, I'm crap with names, Mark's not your mate who came to TOTB and Bruntingthorpe is he? I thought it was 'Col' or something like that. He works at Phoenix though, doesn't he?

Guest Terry S

Jake Colin & Mark work in the same yard. Mig will confirm that Mark is absolutely good as gold. If he doesnt know something he wont bluff, he will go to the ends of the earth to find out.

Want me to ask him a cost?? Is it a straight engine swap?? And BTW, he has a very "friendly" recovery guy who seems very cheap.

Jake

Want me to ask him a cost?? Is it a straight engine swap?? And BTW, he has a very "friendly" recovery guy who seems very cheap.

Yes please, Tel. That would be much appreciated.

The engine from Rob Oldham's rolled car has just been delivered to my house in the last 15mins. I need to check it over when I get home tonight to see if it's all there. Assuming all is OK it should be a case of pulling my old engine out, fitting the turbos I've bought from TdiGav to Rob's engine and refitting it all back in the car.

Thanks mate

Mark is absolutely good as gold. If he doesnt know something he wont bluff, he will go to the ends of the earth to find out.

Terry has just about summed Mark up with the above, no bullshit from this guy and he sticks with it if there's a problem, doesn't wash his hands of it and make excuses like some garages .

Paul

Guest Terry S
Terry has just about summed Mark up with the above, no bullshit from this guy and he sticks with it if there's a problem, doesn't wash his hands of it and make excuses like some garages .

Paul

Yeah can't say enough about the guy. Patience of a Saint.

and the guys from Pheonix are really in to their cars, they seem to be at most of the meets we all go to so theres an interest in the jap car scene as well.

My Supra goes to them for servicing now and as they live down the road they pick it up from my house which is great.

JB

and the guys from Pheonix are really in to their cars, they seem to be at most of the meets we all go to so theres an interest in the jap car scene as well.

My Supra goes to them for servicing now and as they live down the road they pick it up from my house which is great.

JB

They sound like the guys to trust then, you cant beat word of mouth or Net in this case.

Can someone post up a link with their details please.

Dave

This weekend between us we managed to remove & strip the engine from my VVTi and perform the following:

Change the rods ( H sections put in)

ARP Rod Bolts

ARP Main Cap Bolts

Hone the bores

ARP Head studs

Change to uprated Valve springs

Fit TRD engine mounts

Change the clutch

Fit a new modified slave cylinder

Change the gearbox mount

Reassemble & reinstall. We probably did a few more things but I am pretty tired so cant remember

Terry Can't ya just go out and get drunk like most people :p