The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Buying Advice???....

Guest SupraSun

Guest SupraSun

Hello EVERYONE,

GF has had enough of my current car(UK GTi-R),me as well.

Hitting 3-0 has made me see the light......I want a UK SupraTT!

Any buying advice would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,guys and girls.

Sun On.

:welcome: before anyone else has a go, quick tip - use the search button or look in the FAQ threads, lots of readin to do there mate :D in general, buyin advice i'd give is treat each car as an individual. how come you want a UK model? they are cheaper on the insurance but that's about the only advantage really. if you want a UK 6 speed, there's not much luck in findin one although Graham S on here is thinkin of sellin his. if you want a J-spec, plenty up for grabs. if you know cars well, have a good look over it first. if you don't know much about Supras, have a bit of a read on here but still take someone with you (unless you buy from a trusted club member, they won't rip you off)

happy hunting :D

Guest SupraSun

Why UK?A bit safer with known history,I suppose.

The rarity as well and some imports are dogs(seen some imports when they arrive at the docks).

326 bhp,better brakes,that bonnet scoop/air vent and better spec IMHO.

I think if I'm willing to spend around 13grand,I should get me a low mileage,UK Supra.It's either storm blue or white,auto/6speed,not bothered.

I just saw a 20,300miles,white,auto one :love:

Some UK's are dogs too mate, older cars therefore higher mileage (not a problem though if fully looked after). i agree the history is a a major advantage too.

the power output of the car is the same, depending on the individual engine they're all about the 320 mark for the TT. Brakes are bigger indeed, a lot of the imports sold will have UK spec brakes too. bonnet scoop does fuck all really in the UK but you can always get one too. I think £13k will almost buy you a UKTT6 depending on the specs of it. Storm Blue and white arent the most popular colours so you'll definately get a UK auto in that price. Have a scan at the FAQ section on the UK vs Jspec, interesting reading :D the only reason i got a UK was because of cheaper insurance and i got a nice spot on car for a good price. i'd of preferred to get a j-spec with similar mileage etc if i could of got decent insurance on one.