The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feasability of passenger side electric seat?

Jay

Hey Guys,

The missus was asking why her seat isn't electric like mine :nyah:, and I have no idea... So a couple of questions for you:

Did Toyota offer electric passenger seats as an option?

American cars are left hand drive, so presumably Toyota did make LHS orientated electric seats?

Does the Supra have a generic wiring loom for both Euro/US spec cars, and if so is the wiring already in place for a passenger electric seat motor?

Any idea's if it's feasable to retrofit an electric passenger seat into my Supra?

:stupid:

I remember a member from Greece, or some other country (I can't remember his name) talking about doing this a while back.

I'm sure someone will know who I mean, and it might be worth contacting him to see how he got on.

I think it would be a good mod, but I guess it's adding extra weight, would be good to find out how much all the bits needed weigh compared to the standard mechanism.

Hey Guys,

The missus was asking why her seat isn't electric like mine :nyah:, and I have no idea... So a couple of questions for you:

Did Toyota offer electric passenger seats as an option?

Nope...not an option :) And if im not mistaken...the lack of electrical adjustments on the passenger side is mentioned in the "weight saving" part of the original "for-Toyota-sales-personell-only" product info book :)

http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/product_Information_book_93/product_info.htm

American cars are left hand drive, so presumably Toyota did make LHS orientated electric seats?

My LHD eurospec definately has got electrical adjustments..so thats a big yes :D

Does the Supra have a generic wiring loom for both Euro/US spec cars, and if so is the wiring already in place for a passenger electric seat motor?

Not shure....

Any idea's if it's feasable to retrofit an electric passenger seat into my Supra?

:stupid:

I dont see why not :)