The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another insurance moan

Jake

I've just rung Tesco to change my insurance over from my 1998 VVTi RZS to my 1993 RZ and they charged me £167 !!!

:wtf: is that about?

The woman at Tesco said they had my VVTi down as a 86-93 Non Turbo. That's complete bullshit because I distictly told them it was a Supra Turbo when I took out the insurance in March and THEY TOLD ME it was manufactured in 1998 from their database when I gave the reg number.

What a rip off. I'm sooo annoyed.

Thats crap mate, you're not having much luck at the mo.

I totally fell out with Tesco over my cover. Was mid policy when I changed to the Supra, original quote went down from previous car, but me being honest told them of the mods and they more than doubled the quote. They then tried to say that after speaking with someone they would not even insure it, after they had told me they would and I ahad agreed to buy it!

Couldnt get away from them fast enough!

Maybe time to start shopping round for alternative cover!

Hope everything works out!

Good job you didn't have to claim. But they should record every conversation soooo they should be able to produce the original phone call as evidence.

However think of it as money saved in the mean time. ;)

They 'may' record the calls they don't do it as a matter of fact. I sure they could conviently lose it if they wanted to though.

Besides, how long do you think they keep record of these calls? I bet it isn't very long either.

Jake - Waht does it say on your pilocy and certificate of cover? I'm sure mine has the year of manufacture and model on there :Pling:

I've found it's common for insurers to make 'mistakes'. What normally happens is they downgrade your car or miss mods so they give you a cheap or reasonable quote - After you've taken out the insurance and you realise, when you ring them up to moan...they whack on extra premium!!!! :swear: . I've had it done a few times to me.

The best thing to do is when you get your quote - tell them to send it in writing with all the details - engine, date of manufacture and mods.