The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Might be stupid questions, but..

Steve Gee

I have under my passenger seat, a black box.

It has no markings whatsoever.

It has a number of wires coming from it, which could be audio cables but I'm not sure.

It is approx 12"x8"x1", so it's quite slim.

Any ideas anyone.

ALSO:

I have found a microswitch in the centre console storage compartment.

No matter whether it's on or off, it doesn't seem to do anything, nothing happens. Car still starts, etc,..

Any ideas, before I start taking things apart to trace it.

Cheers

Steve

Quote: from Steve Gee on 6:13 pm on Oct. 8, 2001[br]I have under my passenger seat, a black box.

It has no markings whatsoever.

It has a number of wires coming from it, which could be audio cables but I'm not sure.

It is approx 12"x8"x1", so it's quite slim.

Any ideas anyone.

ALSO:

No matter whether it's on or off, it doesn't seem to do anything, nothing happens. Car still starts, etc,..

Cheers

Steve

The box is definitely your slave amp. The switch is anyone's guess.

Quote: from Phil Wall on 7:29 pm on Oct. 8, 2001[br]
Quote: from GavinL on 7:24 pm on Oct. 8, 2001[br]
Quote:

Might even be to trun the light off in the ash tray.:biggrin:

What light!  :biggrin:

Pleaee dont start that one again!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't know the MKIV had an ashtray light :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'll get me coat.......

(Edited by Eric Kasir at 7:36 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

Guest Martin F

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the light. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/censored.gif

Oh dear yet again a technical thread on a tangent.

(Edited by Martin F at 8:37 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

Steve,

I've never seen the stock slave amp, but I do know that under the passenger seat is the favourite location for it.

Your box does, however, match the general description of what I thought was a Satnav system which I had removed by JIC (but I kept the bits).

Upon closer inspection it turns out that my car had a complete media suite installed (including satnav) , and the black box was the TV tuner, and input for all the various media sources. It is a modular Panasonic system for use in Japan only. When imported, my car had a porcupine array of TV aerials on the tailgate which had to be removed for the SVA, plus a GPS receiver on the roof.

The mircoswitch: Is is a push on / push off switch with three wires coming from it? If so, it may be an override for your radio frequency shifter if you have one fitted. The one installed by JIC had a switch on a long fyling lead that they just switched on and then tucked away in the centre console. I found it when I fitted my Kenwood MP3 player.

HTH.

Quote: from Darren Blake on 9:23 am on Oct. 9, 2001[br]Steve,

I've never seen the stock slave amp, but I do know that under the passenger seat is the favourite location for it.

Your box does, however, match the general description of what I thought was a Satnav system which I had removed by JIC (but I kept the bits).

HTH.

*It's the slave amp*. It's where it goes, it's what it looks like, it's the right colour and it's the right dimensions.

If it smells like a fish, swims like a fish and has scales, guess what....

Of course it's the slave amp - I didn't mean to sound as if I was disagreeing with anyone. :-)However I just wanted to point out that there could be alternatives. My box also matches that description, but is *definitely* not the slave amp, or a fish for that matter.

Quote: from Darren Blake on 11:04 am on Oct. 9, 2001[br]Of course it's the slave amp - I didn't mean to sound as if I was disagreeing with anyone. :-)However I just wanted to point out that there could be alternatives. My box also matches that description, but is *definitely* not the slave amp, or a fish for that matter.

Then it's *most probably* a fish, I mean slave amp.

Quote: from Steve Gee on 6:13 pm on Oct. 8, 2001[br]

ALSO:

Cheers

Steve

i've got one of them switches in my tt aero auto, i need to know what it does (or did)

• 1 month later...