The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your Supra Dash

psymon

Have seen since I joined many peeps have painted there dash. I have been

thinking of carbon trim, or maybe black alcantara. Has anyone got any pics

of alcantara, or leather. I have trimmed a couple of my cars, and as all the dash comes apart this should be straight forward.

Thanks

Si

Hi there, a guy called Nic over in hong kong is investigating a carbon fibre dash at the moment.

Also there are stick on carbon kits from suppliers on the forum(they are better than they sound)

A couple of members have leather covered dash pieces, i think Cj does?

Have a look here at gibson and boynes website they have a gallery of pics and some of cj's car showing the covered dash pieces.

hope that helps

It was an option by Toyota. There's at least one person on here with the wood dash option too - that really is worth a look

:scare: I know...:taped:

I suppose since they were factory options they're not available anymore? I'd imagine they'd be pretty pricey too huh.

Over the 2.5 years I've been on here the carbon dash thing has always been floating around. Definitely not available from Toyota, various people have looked into making them but the cost was gonna be quite high (£600+) and needed a good number of people to commit to buying them, a chappie in Norway I think managed to make his own (not just the dash panels, we're talking the entire dashboard at a cost of several thousand), they are still available in the US but obviously LHD only, and about every 6 to 8 months someone comes along and looks into it again and decides it's not cost effective :)

If you really want one the options are to persuade someone to part with theirs (slim), get someone to make one for you (expensive), or use the stick on panels (not proper carbon fibre, but cheap, acceptable looking and just about the only realistic option - also comes in a choice of colours if memory serves).

Recently I had a trip in an Alfa Romeo and I noticed a carbon fibre appearance to the dash panels in that. The 'weave' affect had been painted on. It's not something I would attempt myself but I pondered on the idea of someone making a simple template/mask with square holes in it. You paint the dash, say, dark grey and then using the mask you could spray lighter grey squares onto the panels (sounds mad, but this is essentially what the Alfa dash was). You wouldn't need a mask for the whole dash, just one you could line up each time with the previous set of sprayed holes (like hanging wallpaper - you have to line up the pattern with the previously stuck piece). Making the mask would be tricky but I believe the idea could be done if the person was determined enough.

Paying the £120 or so for the stick on panels might just be the easier option, but for a fraction of the cost and a dollop of patience the same look could be achieved.

Miami GT for the stick on panels though.

I see.

I have been considering the stick-on option for a while now. I know a lot of people have done this without being too disapointed with the result. For those of you who have, how do you feel with the results?

The only difficulty will be cutting new holes for the dodgy preSVA switch and the electric mirror one too. I'll check if they can supply a blank right side for some DIY action.

Otherwise does anyone want to sell me their OEM carbon dash? :p

I have the carbon fibre stick on dash

I like the effect

the pictures don't do it justice

Got any pics of the pieces round the gear gaitor.

Would be nice if you had better resolution pics.

Ive got the BD trims kit as well. I havent installed all the pieces yet, pretty dissappointed with the fitting of some of the pieces. They CF effect does look quality though...that I must agree.

Saw Geezabloke's dash earlier in the week..

the effect and quality is spot on!

(as with the rest of the motor! v,nice work Dave mate!)

that carbon trim kit will be going on my shopping list...!

Am glad you liked matey.

How did the indicators turn out? Post some pics when done.

Dave

Heres mine

Is a dip effect so no edges.

All in was around the £250 -£300 mark?

Dave

My dash is getting the same effect done at the moment, I also have a spare dash that I will be getting done shortly.

I'm still looking at moulded cf dash pieces but would need minimum order quantity of 20 sets to start with. I have prices already which are very good just not sure at the moment whether there woudl be enough interest to justify the investment. I should get some samples (from another car) next week that show the quality of finish, etc. If I do go ahead with this then the carbon fibre panels will be available in practically any colour.