The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelight Headlight Help

TrevS

Hi Guys

I am really panicking at the moment as my new facelift headlights arrived today but there seems to be a problem with them. They seem to be the wrong colour.

Now this might be me going mad but I have a gunmetal grey supra and on the current lights the plastic surrounds look like a greyish colour. My new ones have black surrounds. There seems to be a lot of difference.

Please can someone help me identify what colour new facelift lights should be for a gunmetal supra. Did Toyota do any different colours or were they all black? Is it that my ones have faded or are the lights actually the wrong ones.

Thanks

shite thats what I thought.

Don't know what to do now. I have a new set of lights in the wrong colour.

Does anyone know if you can actually buy these in the graphite colour?

mate, if you are sooo paranoid, why dont u just post up some pics of your headlights.

right guys here are some pictures.

There isn't enough light outside to take a close up shot of my old light so I have included an old picture.

In the old picture the light does look a bit dark but in normal sunlight it looks more graphite grey than black.

The new lights just seem black to me. Maybe its just me being daft but i don't want the lights to look odd.

old-light.jpg

new-light.jpg

Right after having a close look I think they might be ok. I am going to fit them at the weekend and then see how much a difference there is between my new ones and my old ones. They are definitly darker than my current ones but I need to see by how much. It could be that as my old lights are old they have faded slightly in the sun.

The reason for getting the new ones was because the old one were starting to show their age a little and going a little yellow. I have given them a quick clean but they could do with a decent clean inside and out. Also one of the chrome rings inside the light has started to peel slightly. They are in good condition but I wanted some new ones.

If you want some new lights Nic can get them, I paid £400 from him. They took about 5 weeks to arrive.

Otherwise all being well with the new lights I am going to sell my old ones this weekend. I have put a post on the parts for sale section, but have been a bit reluctant to sell them to anyone because of this colour issue with the new lights. once its sorted they will be on there.

Guest naweesdad

ive been after some headlights for a while now.. anyone know where i can get any? would the facelift ones be better and fit without any problems?