The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who insures 2 cars and how?????

neilg

Sorry to keep going on about insurance everyone.

I have to insure the works car and the supra. How do i go about it??????

What companies will offer me insurance ( 22 and on a import). Is there any way around not been able to use your no claims on 2 seperate cars? At the moment im struggling

Help me please :help:

You should be able to insure the supra as a weekend car on a limited mileage policy,most insurance companies would do that but as far as the no claims go just try your company,it doesnt sound like they would be able to split them but who knows?!

Guest Sakura

Some companies will offer a second car discount (Lifesure, Adrian Flux I know do it). I don't know of any that will allow you to use your NCB more than once. I use my full, protected NCB on the Supra, and insure my other vehicle on a restricted use policy. I think you may struggle with insuring two cars at 22, especially if one is for work. Who owns the work vehicle? I think most companies expect the car to be registered to you (someone will correct me if this is wrong).

Alternatively you could insure your cheapo runabout under your parents and you as a named driver. You dont get the no-claims but you dont need it.

And they'll cancel your policy if you do that, if you are the main driver you HAVE to have insurance in your name, they find out - they won't pay out.

(think it might even be illegal now)......................

Some companies will "mirror" your NCB for a second car, but obviously a more sensible one! Thats how I've got the Rover and the Supra covered. Supe using the NCB and the Rover on the mirrored policy. Not the same insurance company either you just need to supply proof of the main NCB. I think the name of the brokers that sortedt eh mirrored policy is Sheltons in Camberley (I think) no number to hand sorry