The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front mount intercooler questions

bonus_2000

Hi everybody,

Haven't been on here long, only had my car for about a month now. Was just wondering if anybody can tell me what size depth front mount will fit most easily behind a stock front bumper? Was looking to get one possibly in the next couple of days off ebay, it isn't in a kit (so no piping) and is 600x300 and a choice of 100mm or 76mm. What is the general concensus when it comes to these parts, better to buy branded etc?

Thanks in advance.

If you are not looking at getting a kit then look at the core sizes of the popular makes like Greddy and HKS, plenty of sellers on here have the sizes plus if you do a search you should be able to find a thread that contains all the popular core sizes.

600x300x76 sounds close to the greddy 3 row.

:D

If you are not looking at getting a kit then look at the core sizes of the popular makes like Greddy and HKS, plenty of sellers on here have the sizes plus if you do a search you should be able to find a thread that contains all the popular core sizes.

600x300x76 sounds close to the greddy 3 row.

:D

Thanks matey, much appreciated!

For Greddy 100mm is the 3 row, 76mm 2 row, i think they're 600x300.

The IC's on ebay sure are cheap and I know a few members here have bought them and are happy, however its the pipe work that’s the problem. Unless you know a local fabricator that could easily cost as much as the IC. I think the greddy pipes cost £250 odd alone.