The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car alarm fitted...

JustGav

I hadn't planned on fitting my new clifford matrix alarm until I had the car running right...but last night caught a drunken bloke hanging around outside the house.. who then ran off into a parked car....

Now we weren't too sure whether it was supra or the morris that he was eyeing up (if indeed he was) since he was in front of the morris...

So today I began installing the new Clifford Matrix R3.5...

Shock sensors, ultrasonics, mecury switch on the bonnet, complete central locking... but the most important feature of all is the 1mile radius of the remote control which is a two way unit, so it tells me which sensors have gone off on the little display..

Sadly it is not cat 1 yet, but the cheapy cat 1 alarm will be installed, which will be controlled by clifford anyway.

Gav

1mile radius of the remote control which is a two way unit

interesting,

I wonder if there are such thing that can blot on to the clifford cat 1 alarm....I can make used of that since I can't eat or sleep without having tp worry about the car in my area.

China

what's a good alarm to go for these days gav?

One that works *grin*

I like cliffords because they have always been full of features...

I believe the concept 950 or something is the current UK top of the line..

Mine has got the same features as that, but with the matrix responder features which give you visual feedback on the key fob

http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp

Gav

Tempted for one of these beauts :D

Do they have to be fitted by Clifford guys for the insurance side of things though? Or can you take them to somewhere and have them fitted?

And if so what sort of prices would we be lookin at. Don't really wanna buy one and find out its gonna cost a mint to have fitted.

Billy

I fitted mine myself....

They aren't UK Cat certified... so while they might be fantastic alarms...they won't cut ice with the insurance company....

Now I'm not suggesting anything, but if you had a clifford fitted to the car originally, WELL... then you still have got the certificate for it....

Or just leave the old one in and let the RX3.5 control it, which is what I've done with mine...

Gav

And as far as getting someone to fit it, well most alarm companies would be able to fit it, but again not certified....

And there are LOTS and LOTS of wires....

It took me 4 hours to put in

Bonnet and tilt switch

Central Locking

2-way radio system

door sensors

boot sensors

Gav