The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked up the beast!

Guest 4StringMike

Guest 4StringMike

Well, I picked my Supra TT yesterday.

Jeez, the straight line acceleration is FRIGHTENING!!! :D :D

The damn thing's got an even bigger hole in the petrol tank than the Scooby did! :eek: ;)

I'm having a lot of fun with it (its taking a bit of getting used to after the Scooby).

Be good to meet some of you soon now I'm in the club! :D

Guest 4StringMike

Heres a couple off my phone since you ask nicely! ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/4stringMike/Sup1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/4stringMike/Sup2.jpg

Question: Why does my spoiler light flash constantly after I've driven over 60? It goes out again after the next restart until I go over 60 again.

I know this is the speed its supposed to work at, but it seems that mine doesn't. :confused:

It also seems to ground quite easily on bumpy roads. Is this normal? :eek:

Other than that I'm enjoying it so much I dont want to get out of it!! :D :D

Nice one mate, good feeling isn't it? :D

It sounds like you have a problem with the front active spoiler, for some reason it isn't deploying that’s why the warning light is flashing. Its quite common that the plastic lip on the bumper gets pushed back into the spoiler and blocks it from dropping down. Mine just needed 1-2mm of material dremmeled away. If the light get annoying you can just press the "Auto Off" button to stop the spoiler trying to lower.

Grounding seems a bit odd, its only happened to me once when I had extremely low RSR springs on. Do you know springs are on the car?

Guest 4StringMike
Nice one mate, good feeling isn't it? :D

It sounds like you have a problem with the front active spoiler, for some reason it isn't deploying that’s why the warning light is flashing. Its quite common that the plastic lip on the bumper gets pushed back into the spoiler and blocks it from dropping down. Mine just needed 1-2mm of material dremmeled away. If the light get annoying you can just press the "Auto Off" button to stop the spoiler trying to lower.

Grounding seems a bit odd, its only happened to me once when I had extremely low RSR springs on. Do you know springs are on the car?

Cool. I will have a crawl around underneath on my day off and check the front spoiler for obstruction. :)

I thought the springs were standard but I could be wrong.

Its also got the dreaded tailgate rattle! Will need to try and source some new rubbers! :rolleyes:

Cheers for the comments guys :thumbs:

hey mike, congrats on the car.

btw, just noticed you live literally round the corner from me, northwood hills.

pretty sure it must be you, remember a while ago, ever seeing a white supra head on at the northwood station crossroad it was pissing down raining? i gave you the thumbs up and you nodded back.