The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Deal On [e.b.c] Brake's + Pads

DAVEBOY

Hi Guy's at the moment i am trying to get a very good deal for EBC DISC'S DRILLED/and cut + red stuff pad's + fitting all enclusive in the price,IT will be a good price they look after my TT and i Trust him he is a good guy.If you live to far away then he will send them to you at the same price less fitting,just p+p,I will let you no how much in the next few day's Just trying to help out you guys doing my bit as a new member TRUST me i will get a good deal let me no if you are interested thanks.

Just posted in another thread...

HI MARTIN trying to get a deal on EBC disc,......QUOTE]

Hi,

Just to give some feed back on this exact setup which I have on my J-spec.

The pads do wear out very quick! I guess the rate of wear will go down as the grooves on the disc wear down. Where I need the stopping power - I don't think theres been much benefit.

I'm going for the UK setup with CW pads.

hi supro you live in luton then so do i at the airport come up lets see your car

Hi Dave,

Cool - there may be a micro meet..I'm due to meet up with my mate with a UK supe - we'll drive down to yours. PM me your details/time to meet.

I have put red stuff on my uk supra just the pads and theres a lot less brake dust than the standard 1s ,braking is pretty good too although ive not had too really test them yet, ive done 1200 miles on them so far.Price was good so was the service.

Normal braking was improved by the EBC (Jap). I would go for them for the looks as they look the daddies!But if you drive and break hard, the pads wear out quicker compared to standard. Dave, do you reckon it's worth the extra money to put the red pads on the back? I have the greens on the back and have been told by Amber performance that it wasn't worth getting the reds for the back?

Hi...

Sorry for more cbad posts on ebc...but we tested many many setups using various pads and discs..and must say the ebc discs and using there owns pads were not that great...discs warped very qucikly..2 sets went back... and i didint find the stopping power that great..

Although we tested the ebc discs and mitex pads they worked a bit better....personally i have done a lot with dba and must say i do like it..an im a very big fan of the mintex stuff...

Just my opinion though... im sure w all have different views..

Cheers

matt

Hi...

Sorry for more cbad posts on ebc...but we tested many many setups using various pads and discs..and must say the ebc discs and using there owns pads were not that great...discs warped very qucikly..2 sets went back... and i didint find the stopping power that great..

Although we tested the ebc discs and mitex pads they worked a bit better....personally i have done a lot with dba and must say i do like it..an im a very big fan of the mintex stuff...

Just my opinion though... im sure w all have different views..

Cheers

matt

Thanks for the info guys i shall let you no how much they cost me,I am not defending them just Trying to get a deal on them for me and who wants the same .

I can't believe anyone here is recommending "red stuff" pads, they're some of the worse available. The green stuff are slightly better but on a scale of 1-10 on crappyness they are a 9.

Chris Wilson pads are a world of difference, especially used with stock discs.

i have red stuff pads on my supra at the moment (i bought them because they were cheap) and i cant wait to get rid of them!

on the road they aren't too bad but the brake dust has stained my wheels and on a track they fade really badly, not recomended here.

EBC were bought by a bigger brake company and so redesigned all their pads. Matt Harwood ran a set of Red stuff Ceramics and some Yellow Stuff..

The red stuff ones seemed to work okay, didnt really show much fade and were okay for the price (I got them free). The yellow stuffs needed warming up before they worked which isnt really that good in this day and age.

I once saw a set of green stuff pads go up in flames, the owner was not impressed to find flames lapping up the side of the car.

I would recommend Chris Wilson fast road pads if looking for uprated pads.

JB