The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats wrong with Red?

Alpine

After browsing the forum high and low for hints and tips about getting a supra ive come across many a thread mentioning how they dont like the colour red on a surpa.

How comes? Anything wrong with the paintwork or just a personal preference?

Do red Supes fade in sunlight? Seen so many cars go that awful pinkish colour unless polished regularly and wonder if Toyotas paint was any better.

Also, the missus think black and silver look classy but red looks like the car of midlife crisis man.

Do red Supes fade in sunlight? Seen so many cars go that awful pinkish colour unless polished regularly and wonder if Toyotas paint was any better.

Also, the missus think black and silver look classy but red looks like the car of midlife crisis man.

Hey! my Supe is red and I'm middle aged (46) and I havent had a crisis yet, well my wife hasn't found out about my girlfriend, if she does then there will be a crisis :cry:

Red is a beautiful colour, because it is warm not cold like silver or black. :D

Oh and yes you do have to keep polishing the car, but hey I can think of far worse things to do

Is it a myth that insurers charge more for red cars? I've always thought it odd that they ask for the colour anyway but as I've only ever had silver cars before it hasn't been an issue.

I'd be very self-concious in a red Supra. Any Supra screams "look at me" and red even more so.

Is it a myth that insurers charge more for red cars? I've always thought it odd that they ask for the colour anyway but as I've only ever had silver cars before it hasn't been an issue.

I'd be very self-concious in a red Supra. Any Supra screams "look at me" and red even more so.

I know what you mean, when I picked up my car yesterday, driving at 5mph through london with the exhaust growling.. for the first 2 mins was a bit embarresed, but then started to enjoy it... :p

And your point is ?

Driving any Supra people are going to stare at you, its a beautiful car, whatever the colour..........but red is best :p

i don't like red cars at all. the only car i thought that looked good in red was a ferrari..... UNTIL i saw a few red supes and i have to admit they can look amazing! Black is the best standard colour, i quite like the green one too, but red is very nice!! :thumbs:

I know what you mean, when I picked up my car yesterday, driving at 5mph through london with the exhaust growling.. for the first 2 mins was a bit embarresed, but then started to enjoy it... :p

I have to say that I rather like red. After seeing your new supra yesterday on here it almost made me think I went for the wrong colour, it looks fantastic. My concern was over the paint fading and going pink over time so decided to go for gunmetal grey, which is a lovely colour for the supra IMO.

Think if I get another supra it would be a red one. Also talking of red supras I have only seen 1 facelift red supra. Did they make many and were they tt or n/a's? I would like to get my hands on a red facelift TT.

How comes? Anything wrong with the paintwork or just a personal preference?

Anything wrong with the colour ??? like what?

Its personal preference.

A more popular debate would have been

Auto vs Manual Or like previously mentioned, J-spec vs UK.

TT vs NA is not a choice......if you want a Supercar then there is no option. ;)

Guest Sakura

I have never been asked what colour my car is - by any insurance company :blink:

Anything wrong with the colour ??? like what?

Its personal preference.

A more popular debate would have been

Auto vs Manual Or like previously mentioned, J-spec vs UK.

TT vs NA is not a choice......if you want a Supercar then there is no option. ;)

I thought it would be an ongoing gag but i thought id check. My main concern was fading or poor quality paint but thats obviously not the case

I like red supras tho

:lol: Im not sure which is less subtle :D :D

Ps is she running any better Col??

No, not yet. :cry: The turbo is being inspectd and analysed as we speak and it looks like a rebuild is in order. It shouldn't be long though before it is back. :clap: