The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Average Pricing

blert596

Hi,

as Im about to be doing my Supe up a bit, I just wondered wether it would be worth having a thread/stickie whereby people could put up the average prices they paid for all thind Supra. I see a lot of "I paid this from so and so" in various threads. Obviously these are all relevant to various seperate threads but means a whole lot of searching about with not always the best results.

I was thinking along the lines of a thread for all the basics and not so basics like:

1. Costs of various servicing

2. Various Parts, eg dash kits, interior stuff

3. Oils etc

4. Various types of engine/suspension mods

5. Resprays etc

6. Bodywork bits

I realise that these things will always change but an average price could be figured from posters experiences. Maybe not actually endorsing individual companies,(people can pm to get specifics), but could also include fitting charges etc.

Basically I thought of this as I'm intending to have a fair bit of work done to mine, but realise that I have no real baseline price to be looking around.

Just an idea like.

Hi, though I think in principle its a good idea to get these quotes, in practice the price will vary hugely dependant on the factors involved. To give a few examples:

- Bodywork (kit fitting): the price could double (or more) if the kit is a crap one and doesn't fit right

- Re-spray: Price can vary between 1.2k for a basic same colour re-spray up to 3k. Colour change can vary from £3k to £5k (or more) if you want something exotic! It really depends on the quality of finish you want.

There are so many variables involved with these cars it’s hard to give an expected price except for anything but routine maintenance.