The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rockingham GT Battle

chris aka fonz

the club tickets and the club stand were a little disappointing. We did have 20 Supras on the stand in the end but I wonder how many others were in the car park hoping to get in.

One thing I did notice was that a few of the owners clubs had hospitality rooms in the stands, nice and dry and warm. I think next time I will make sure we get one of those for us then we can all meet up in one place.

JB

Yep,

Have to admit found the whole thing a bit disappointing. The weather didn't help. Managed to get in ok and parked with our lot, but where were you all??? Bumped into Sheena and Vanessa and Neo, but no one else.

Got some pics which I'll try and post later (including the Carrera GT, Sheena ;) ).

Paddock area was a bit of a let down too, wasn't very many trade stands there for a retail experience. Saw the Envy Supra but didn't get to meet Gaz or Kev, saw a wild looking Silver one (Jap Imports I think?) and the red one with the Dragon Graphics and the side exit exhausts. Got some pics of the ladies ;) wandering about.

My one major gripe tho was to do with the XBOX stand selling the undercar neons. Banging out very loud dance music drowning out any chance of hearing what was going on, and the screen on top of it.....the material was hardly suitable for what the GT Battle boys were describing as a fun family day out. (Maybe I'm getting old but I wasn't the only person who thought it was OTT)

If this is on next year at the same time as the Goodwood Festival of Speed, I know where I'll be going!

It was a little disapointing. Was good to see some action on the track, but I agree the trade area was a little sparse. What happened to the sprint racing? Did I miss it, having got there late [11.00]? I think it just needed more people there, and better weather. Highlight was watching those japanese drift guys.

Would be good to have a small tent / marque , never met anyone before and was looking forward to meeting a few of you guys and girls , Just wandered round aimlessly , next time ill be wearing club clothing , so ill be easy to spot !

Agree with you Class One was a little ott from the X Box stand , Saw the Envy Soop very nice , but the silver one next to it with the wide arches isnt for me !

Dug sorry i didn't meet up with you. Left my bloody phone at home after waking up 5 hours later than planned. Got lost twice but met another Supra owner not from the site. I didn't even get asked for a ticket what so ever. I had quite a good day TBH. And there were rooms???? I was to busy taking 239 pictures like the one below :D :clap:

Will post the collection later. And will do the video when i get a free minute.

DSCF0290.JPG

I didnt think it was too bad tbh. Weather was crap in the morning but got better later on. I didnt see any of the sprints either? And the time attack was a bit far out of view. But the highlight of the day was Ken Nomura and Yazuyuki Kazama in the D1GP cars, they were simply awesome:respekt: :clap:, the gap between the British drifters and us is still huge.

I got plenty of pics, forgive me for the amount of Scooby pics but i went in my mates and we went in the convoy....

http://www.mattyt.plus.com/gtbattle/

I found the hospitality in the hospitality rooms to be good :) Like Hell i was going to sit in the cold wondered in and just started acting like i should be there. Went onto the top for the D1 drift demos but was in the hospiality rooms for the rest.

which one did you go in to? I only happened to notice the Lancer club had one but didnt check any of the others.

I still think it was a fair day out for the price we paid. I will make the organisers aware of the problems we hit on the day but Im sure next year it will be better. And those D1 cars were just awesome.

Also who owns these cars...I see them at meets but never meet the owners

http://www.mattyt.plus.com/gtbattle/images/DSCN1153.jpg

http://www.mattyt.plus.com/gtbattle/images/DSCN1155.jpg

JB

Ken Nomura and Yazuyuki Kazama are Japanese not american :)

Who said they were american? :confused:

And who was it who broke down at the services? I was in the blue Impreza with the convoy, sorry we didnt have any jump leads mate. See you made it there in the end though! :)

I enjoyed it, apart from the drizzel.

Was first time at Rockingham and i was impressed although there could have been many more stands etc...

The sprints and drag racing etc where cancelled due to the weather, but the drift action and time attacks where regular and kept most people amused....

The run out (if thats what you call it?) before the first corner was catching a lot of the drifters out as they where seeing this as the apex of the corner although it was well in front, was fun watching the frantic spinning of steering wheels trying over compensate in most cases.

Then the Jap boys did their stuff and showed how its meant to be done although the chap in the Sierra P100 was well game.....

I managed to meet Branners, Cashpoint on route and even saw Sheena and co later in the day. I agree a local meeting point at these events would be good for those who would like to meet and yak?

And yes the Xbox stand was OTT and not really the way i would have thought the organisers would have wanted this kind of event to be represented? BUT sponsors are sponsors?

See you at the next one guys n gals

Dave