The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance values

neilg

Im just in the process of ringing round for my renewal quotes.

How much does everyone claim the value of there cars to be?

I have just spoken to adrian flux as they seem to be cheap reading past threads. Told them the value of my car was £15000 and they wouldnt touch it. They claim they dont insure imports worth over £10000??????????????

Am i going to get this from many companies?

Im 22 with 5 years no claims, 6 points any other companies advice?

I plan on ringing

bell direct

elephant

tesco

?

?

?

Cheers guys and gals

Hiya m8, i got the same problem, iv had a quote from elephant, tt worth £11,000 quoted me £1,050. wich aint bad, Im 22 with 4 years ncb(coming up to 5) Tesco wont insure me on any supra untill im ove 25. Every insurance comapany i try they give me double the price for an import, wich is realy pissing me off, going to try sky insurance soon. Let me know if u have any luck. Cheers..

Im basically in the same situation... 22 with a import TT and 4 years no claims...get quotes around the £1300 mark appart from Adrian Flux which quoted £3200, yeah good one!

Let us know how you got om mate and also give A-Plan insureance a try, think they gave me quite a good quote!

Good luck

Im basically in the same situation... 22 with a import TT and 4 years no claims...get quotes around the £1300 mark appart from Adrian Flux which quoted £3200, yeah good one!

Let us know how you got om mate and also give A-Plan insureance a try, think they gave me quite a good quote!

Good luck

What Company was that with m8? i cant get a quote under £2000 for an import, £1000 for uk..

I have just spoken to adrian flux as they seem to be cheap reading past threads. Told them the value of my car was £15000 and they wouldnt touch it. They claim they dont insure imports worth over £10000??????????????

Strange! ?!? i'm with Adrien Flux and i have an import, i told them (in January)the value of the car was £12k and never had a problem. May have changed their policy since then !?!?

I paid £720 p.a, i was 27 at the time with a clean licence and fully protected NCB (just a matter of time - the tempation to go faster is getting too much :p )

The time before that I paid £820 via Directline (get an extra 10% discount if you have their home insurance too)

What Company was that with m8? i cant get a quote under £2000 for an import, £1000 for uk..

Got all the quotes at work and cant remember which company quoted which, i defo remember that Sky quoted £1500 with like for like replacements and thats with a full veilside kit, stainless steel exhorst, BOV and rims worth £2500

Trying them would be a good start!

If an Import is changed to a uk spec (speedo etc), can u tell the insurance company its a uk? long shot but hey!

Just tryed Admral £1150 for uk TT, £2250 for TT Import Grrrr

All good and well until you try and claim, and then you will have nothing at all other than a possible fraud charge..

Gav

Im having major problems with my car insurance for some reason. I have rung everyone that people have mentioned and the very best i can get is £1900 from Sky :( Why does everyone else seem to be able to get better quotes than me?

Im 22, 5 years no claims, 6 points, car lives in garage. Use it as a second car and milage is restricted to 5000.

Really anoying me now, i was hoping when i got to 5 years no claims my insurance would start coming down a bit :swear:

Any ideas anyone ( p.s i still have another car to insure aswell)

I am an older fart but got the best deal with mods declared from Keith Michaels, Tesco were cheap when car was standard but didn't want to know and doubled the premium when informed of what were really the basic of mods. Have stuck with KM since then.