The mkiv Supra Owners Club

windscreen wiper sizes??

akallis

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but does anyone know the correct length of both widscreen wipers on the mark 4 supra? Mines in the bodyshop so i cant check the size! Someone on ebay sells them but he says there is a chance one side may be a cm longer!

cheers

• 9 months later...

Ahh, thats why the 20" wiper I got form the info site for passenger side has the quarter of the wiper edging towards the end of the windscreen is not touching!!!

Going to order a shorter one now to hopefully rectify the problem.

P.s. 20" one fitted quite nicely for the rear TBH!

18" and 20" ? ooops I just ordered some wiper blade replacements and have 21" and 20", take it they won't fit then? These sizes were selected based on the make and model from a web site automatically. They are the aftermarket PIAA ones, maybe they are non-standard sizes then.

I did measure them on the car currently, 500mm and 525mm, that's 20 and 21" isn't it? anyway, guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go to fit them, will just trim them down I expect if they are too long.

Chilli mate.. My passenger side does not seem too long, but it does not curve around the screen at all. Therefore alot of the wiper is not touching the windscreen from halfway until the stop position.

Did you get two spoiler ones, or drivers side with a spoiler and the passenger side without?

I have the same make wipers but the spoiler ones on both sides.

Let me know how it goes mate.

ok, well I've just been outside and fitted them and they fit perfectly.

Basically I've have two PIAA SUPER SPORZA wipers (the ones with spoilers available in black or c/f look), same on both sides.

I used the recommended sizes which are 20" (500mm passenger side) and 21" (525mm drivers side). These are sizes 10 and 11 in their wiper terms lol.

anyway, the whole carrier or just the replacement wipers are here http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp ordered mine from http://www.priracing.co.uk/section.php?xSec=39&jssCart=09b7fa520be594a65ac484be7a5f59e0

I'd have thought an 18" is a touch on the small side. The rear is meant to be a 16" but I guess an 18" would fit at a push. Hope that helps a bit...

Hmm very odd. On the passenger side with the PIAA Super Spoza one I got the spoiler hit/rubs against the actual metal wiper arm. And its the same size as the one you are using, wonder why its hitting.

What year is your car - long shot, but just wondering if something minor has changed.

I have a facelift 98 model.