The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dammit, got done for driving in Bus Lane!

China Man

Last Thursday I drove to work at 4pm to deliver some stuff the store needed in Central London. I was behaving myself all the time and paid my congestion charge before I left my house.

Today I recieved a letter with a 100 pounds fine :cry:

The picture show the front of my car in the bus lane next to a file of traffic. The bus lane ends just 2 car length infront of my car in the picture. I guess I pull on to the bus lane just a tad too early!!!

:bang:

I paid the 50 pounds online just now and mental note to myself "big brother is watching and don;t make any mistake or it will cost ya"

I got nicked like that too, it was a new bus lane to me, just south of Westminster Bridge on the way to Elephant & Castle. It ends no more than 2 cars length before the lights and the right-hand lane is on a filter, so I figured as there were no buses around I could nip round the waiting cars on the right and get on the empty bit of normal road behind the one car in the left-hand lane.

I was done by CCTV rather than a bus-lane camera, I didn't know they could do that. Also decided not to appeal as when I lost the appeal (chance of winning - pretty small) it would cost the extra 50 quid.

I was also a bit p*d that it was 9 minutes before the end of the bus lane time.