The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Get my Supra Friday

Vaughany

My Supra has been at Leons for the last few weeks getting my single turbo conversion done. He contacted me to day to say the car is done so I will be collecting it on friday.

I went with the PHR Stage 1 kit, I know that all RR are different and you should not read to much into the figures but they seem very impressive. At 1.35 bar the car was dynoed at 470 bhp at the hubs and 438 LB of torque.

As soon as I get it back I will post up some pictures, Leon said I will be very impressed with the way it drives and the power it delivers.

CANT WAIT FOR FRIDAY!

just gone single myself and its like having a new car the sound of the car is totally diferent, the throttle is different and the speed is unbelievable, was setting the boost controller the other night and blew two dick heads off trying to overtake me in a calibre at 0.6 bar! enjoy

Obviously I have'nt drove it yet but what is it like. Is it like a kick in the head when the turbo comes online or is it mangeable. I am sure I am worrying over nothing but I my nightmare is that you floor it and hold on for dear life.

Like I said I am probably worrying over nothing but please put my mind at rest. Leon did say that the power is very linear and is definitely driveable.

cheers

no need for worrys mate i've got a T61 and its making boost under 3 k rpm, you do have to drive it a bit different on the throttle i find you have to be a bit heavier with it compared with the j-spec twins which made boost from 3 rpm, if you have'nt got rltc yet i suggest you get it soon, i took one of my favourite corners and mid corner the back end was stepping out at 10% slip and the engine was being cut like mad it never did that with the twins, i bet you cant wait, take it easy till you get used to it :)

What did you guys use for injectors and injector controll? AEM, E-Manage or what?

What about mapping? I presume Vaughany got his mapped at Thor seeing as Leon fitted the kit and he said "at the hubs"

The only single turbo Supra I've driven is Frank's old one, the one Dude had for sale, but I didn't like it much. The power delivery was too all-or-nothing. Sounds like Paul's is sorted though.

What did you guys use for injectors and injector controll? AEM, E-Manage or what?

What about mapping? I presume Vaughany got his mapped at Thor seeing as Leon fitted the kit and he said "at the hubs"

The only single turbo Supra I've driven is Frank's old one, the one Dude had for sale, but I didn't like it much. The power delivery was too all-or-nothing. Sounds like Paul's is sorted though.

uk 550's AFC and ITC for now i think father christmas has some 650 injectors for me so i may move up an e-manage then, mine aint mapped yet due to a dodgy wastegate giving overboost which hopefully will be soughted this week and then off to Thor, with regard to power delivery i think you have to be realistic and decide what you want from the car mine will never be going on a track or doing 1/4 miles and is a 100% street machine so i kept the tubby small to make sure the car aint a pig to drive

with regard to power delivery i think you have to be realistic and decide what you want from the car mine will never be going on a track or doing 1/4 miles and is a 100% street machine so i kept the tubby small to make sure the car aint a pig to drive

Very well put and spot on :thumbs:

Hello Mate, I am very happy with the car, the drive is very good and when tinkering around is very similar to the stock setup. However when on boost, the car is totally different and very impressive. I did'nt get a chance to test the car fully due to the wet roads (RLTC kept coming in) but I managed to get the car upto just short of 1.1 bar and it is alot quicker than BPU. My Supra has been mapped for 1.4bar so i hope the weather is dry tomorrow so I can give a proper road test.

Is your car having some work done on it or were you just visiting Leon socially?

cheers