The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Summons Arrived Today

Tom S

To all who know about my impending case, bollocks.

I have today received a summons for a local court for the charge of Exceeding 70 MPH on a Dual Carriage way.

Going to see a solicitor tomorrow, not happy as the charge says accurately checked by the police vehicles Speedometer, but the statement of the Copper says his Speedo was uncallibrated. Hope my solicitor rips it to bits tomorrow.

Will keep you informed.

Tom

Tom! Good luck matey, if the speedo is not callibrated how on earth can they tell the true speed of your vehicle, besides I bet the copper was not following you for long anyway, check this out as I am sure they have to follow you for some time incase of faulty speedo's to ascertain what speed you were doing.

Any solicitor worth his salt will pull the case apart!

Best wishes,

Well even the guy who did me claimed his speedo was calibrated, so if they cant prove that you might have a chance... but even he was just 'reading what he thought he saw'.

If its a propper traffic cop, you may be in trouble, if its a normal panda jobby you could get away with it.

Just my two penneth worth........

If it was a non calibrated speedo, you could still in theory be done. If it was the case, a non calibrated speedo equipped vehicle would have to be taken out of service and taken to a rolling road to have the accuracy of its speedo checked. (Get your brief to ask for records etc to check accuracy of equipment used etc.) If thats done... then it would be possible to gain a conviction. If not, then IMO the prosecution would fail to show beyond reasonable doubt that you were doing the speed you are alleged to have done in the summons.

Your solicitor should be well aware of this.

Dont the guns they use etc have to be tested daily.. And you have the option to see that calibration result?

Mark,

it was un marked car with 2 coppers in and they stopped me in March.

long time ago, I will talk to my solicitor again tomorrow and let you guys know tomorrow night.

Every one else.

As usual Cheers for the support :clap:

Hope you get a sharp solicitor who is on the ball with motoring cases and gets it thrown out, where it belongs. Good luck.

I take it you mean on a higher moral sense (ie speed limits being too low to start with!)

Just a quick question, were you actually speeding? LOL

If it were me though, I have to admit, I'd be trying to get myself of it, even if they had me bang to rights.

Best of luck with it mate.

I take it you mean on a higher moral sense (ie speed limits being too low to start with!)

Just a quick question, were you actually speeding? LOL

If it were me though, I have to admit, I'd be trying to get myself of it, even if they had me bang to rights.

Best of luck with it mate.

problem is there is a lot of bullsh*te and lies in the coppers statement, so whether guilty of speeding or not, a good solicitor will find cracks in the paperwork to ensure a reduced punishment. And that is why seeing a solicitor will help, if only to process the paperwork, :rolleyes: