The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone looking for a new Headunit?

Nic

I'll be visiting a few ICE suppliers here in Hong Kong later this week to get headunit prices for a few members. The headunits sold here are exactly the same spec as sold in the UK, but are quite a lot cheaper, so there should be some very good savings to be had even with postage included.

If anyone else wants a price for a headunit give me a shout. If there are a few members wanting a particular model I could also look at getting some extra discount for group order.

My Kenwood headunit has just died and I could do with a new one - you got any that you could recommend, model numbers would be cook as I can look em up :)

Definately interested though :thumbs:

Cheers,

I personally like the Alpine headunits, they look stylish and are very good quality, easy to use and not as gimmicky as some of the newer models from other companies. Kenwood and Sony models are also decent. Suggest you have a look around on their websites and find some models that you are interested in and let me know.

This place is so fashion orientated and everything has to be the latest model, so there could be some good deals to be had on 2004 models that suppliers want to get rid of.

Hi Nic,

Definitely interested. My headunit that came with the car never did work properly (it causes feedback through the speakers). Not sure what model yet, but.... needs to be single-DIN, play CD-RWs, and MP3 compatible. Can you recommend anything? (no worries if you can't / don't have time). I have a Kenwood autochanger in the boot, but it's possibly too old to be compatible with new kit.

Hi Nic,

Definitely interested. My headunit that came with the car never did work properly (it causes feedback through the speakers). Not sure what model yet, but.... needs to be single-DIN, play CD-RWs, and MP3 compatible. Can you recommend anything? (no worries if you can't / don't have time). I have a Kenwood autochanger in the boot, but it's possibly too old to be compatible with new kit.

I'm really no expert when it comes to ICE, I personally like some of the Alpine headunits, but there are other members that can give you better advice.

I personally like the Alpine headunits, they look stylish and are very good quality, easy to use and not as gimmicky as some of the newer models from other companies. Kenwood and Sony models are also decent. Suggest you have a look around on their websites and find some models that you are interested in and let me know.

This place is so fashion orientated and everything has to be the latest model, so there could be some good deals to be had on 2004 models that suppliers want to get rid of.

Thanks Fella I will do that :thumbs:

I will get back to you soon. When do you need to know by?

Cheers,

I've been asked to get prices for the following headunits here, if anyone else wants a price for a particular model let me know :thanks:

Alpine 9855R

Alpine IVA - D310R

Alpine IVA - D310RB

Alpine CDA9853R

Kenwood DDX7035

Pioneer DEH-P80MP

Pioneer DEH-P9600MP

Pioneer Avic X-1

whats the situation with region coding on the DVD part of the HU's Nic? been told that most places selling cheap head units have em imported from the far east, and that they play the wrong region discs....just a curiosity

I believe most of them are region free here, I will double check tomorrow.

My Kenwood headunit has just died and I could do with a new one - you got any that you could recommend, model numbers would be cook as I can look em up :)

Definately interested though :thumbs:

Cheers,

Ive got the Alpine CDA - 9835. Its an MP3 CD player and i can highly recommend it. When i bought it they were retailing at 600 over here, got it for 300 from America so i guess the price will be something similar from HK.

Any of the Alpine units are the dogs danglies IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few delivered prices I have worked out for various headunits I was asked for. All prices include airmail to UK. If anyone else wants a price on a specific model please let me know.

Some of the Pioneer models are the same as the European models but have a different model name here.

Alpine 9855R = £275 see details HERE

Alpine IVA - D300 = £675 See details HERE

Pioneer 8650MP = £240 see details HERE

Pioneer 9650MP = £325 see details HERE

Pioneer P7550DVD = £955 see details HERE

Hi Nic

I don't know if you'll be able to get any of these but I am after a decent double din head unit.

Alpine MDA-W988J

http://www.melting-pot.com/website/productinfo/detailsmdaw988j002.jpg

Sony WX-7700MDX

http://www.melting-pot.com/website/productinfo/detailswx7700mdx002.jpg

Kenwood DDX7025

http://www.audio66.com/products/403/ddx-7025.gif%20350.gif

If you could find out some prices that would be great

Cheers

Trev

Hi Nic

I don't know if you'll be able to get any of these but I am after a decent double din head unit.

Cheers

Trev

Trev/MaveriK

I have a price for the Kenwood DDX7035 (region free version of the DDX7025) I could get this for £650 plus postage of around £30-35. If there are any other members wanting the same unit, then may be able to get bit of discount from supplier.

I don't have prices for the other 2 headunits, but should be able to get these (or similar models) here at a good price too.

I need to go to a few ICE suppliers tomorrow, so if anyone else wants any other prices, post request here.

Hey Nic, have you got a price for the Kenwood DDX7035? :D

Ray, sorry my brain went walk about when I replied the first time (I was thinking of a different model :looney: ), yes I do have a price for the DDX7035 £650 + around £30-35 postage.

Alpine IVA - D300 = £675 See details HERE

Hi Nic

What about an Alpine IVA-D310R as I cannot locate the 300 on the EU Alpine site? Is it that the D300 is the old model maybe?

http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/k14.Mobile-Media-Stations_New-dimensions-in-control-and-convenience-Music-for-your-eyes-Mobile-Media-Stations.htm

I will be be getting a D310 in the next month or so and so will be pleased to source it through you. What's your take on the product code question and pricing? I've seen this model in stores here for around £875.

Cheers

Hi Nic

What about an Alpine IVA-D310R as I cannot locate the 300 on the EU Alpine site? Is it that the D300 is the old model maybe?

http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/k14.Mobile-Media-Stations_New-dimensions-in-control-and-convenience-Music-for-your-eyes-Mobile-Media-Stations.htm

I will be be getting a D310 in the next month or so and so will be pleased to source it through you. What's your take on the product code question and pricing? I've seen this model in stores here for around £875.

Cheers

Hi Cornelius

It seems that the D300 is only sold in Asia, Australia and the US, when I was checking prices last time I asked about using the headunits/DVD's in the UK and was told that most are compatible by my friend who sells them, I will need to double check this model though. I think the D310 is a newer model but the spec looks similar/identical, the design is slightly different but even the price is the same, you can compare both HERE

I'm not sure if the D310 is available here yet, it wasn't a couple of months ago when I originally checked, I'll see if it is now.

Hi Nic

Cheers

Hi Cornelius

The IVA-D310E is for sale here now, it works out at £710 delivered to your door. PM me if you want one getting.