The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick Q: Can you drive the car with the top section of the dashboard missing?

Aerotop Dave

Hi Dave,

Not 100% but I'm pretty sure you could use the car like that but I believe it will cause your airbag to be permanently illuminated once you have turned the ignition on.

Resetting the airbag light is a pain in the arse, apparently.

The bit going across the top above the dials with the five screws in it, has the warning lights (airbag, door open, etc) - if you disconnect this, can you still drive the car?

You won't have any indicators if you do that - the hazard switch controls the indicators.

I'm currently driving around with ALL of my dash and door panels missing :D I removed all the warning lights/other electronic switches from the panels and reconnected them to the harness, whilst I get the dash panels reconditioned.

Okay... the airbag light is stuck on anyway after some other work but that's not a concern as I won't be the one fixing it (and the man fixing it knows what he's doing). Indicators - oh well, quite a lot of other drivers around here seem to go around without using them so I guess a few days of me doing it won't matter a great deal :)

I'll just bung the Odo back in as Matt says (which I'd have to remove from the section anyway now I think about it). It's only until the weekend (famous last words) and I only do about 40 miles a week.

Thanks folks :thumbs: