The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend Whifbitz

nismo_lp

Heard some nightmare stories recently (the unfortunate Paul Slowdog post)and just wanted some recommendations before i make up my mind. Ive heard only good things so far but would appreciate some feedback. (Sorry to put this thread up Paul W) ... Im not going to be having any major mods just some BPU work.

Thanks for any feedback

I went down to Whifbitz a couple of times earlier this year and was very happy with the work done. Will certainly go back there for services.

What do you want doing though? If it's just an exhaust, you can get that fitted anywhere!

I went down to Whifbitz a couple of times earlier this year and was very happy with the work done. Will certainly go back there for services.

What do you want doing though? If it's just an exhaust, you can get that fitted anywhere!

Firstly id like it serviced by someone that knows what they are doing to make sure everything is boosting/running properly then just some standard upgradeslike restrictor ring,walbro Fuel Pump,Thor VFCD,Boost Gauge,Plugs... that kind stuff :D oh and BOV!!!!

I know this has been banded around abit .... I think Tony L (TLicense) posted up a suggestion saying rating traders and it was met with reluctance and causing arguments - or something.

What's wrong with anonymous rating ? 1 (low) ... 5 (high) ... Those numbers are added together to form a trader rating. It might stop threads that Chiefgroover has posted up (Chief nothing against you or thread .. but how many locked threads have we seen - when they get into slanging matches ?)

Traders are out to make money - because it's their livelihood and bread/butter. Got nothing against traders. Infact, I've had v.good experience with the traders here:

Vortex, Envy, Miami-Gt and Chris Wilson. (In no particular order)

There have been others where I haven't had particularly good service from. (Not against you Paul W - as we've never done business with one another)

Just my 2p worth.

I know this has been banded around abit .... I think Tony L (TLicense) posted up a suggestion saying rating traders and it was met with reluctance and causing arguments - or something.

What's wrong with anonymous rating ? 1 (low) ... 5 (high) ... Those numbers are added together to form a trader rating. It might stop threads that Chiefgroover has posted up (Chief nothing against you or thread .. but how many locked threads have we seen - when they get into slanging matches ?)

Traders are out to make money - because it's their livelihood and bread/butter. Got nothing against traders. Infact, I've had v.good experience with the traders here:

Vortex, Envy, Miami-Gt and Chris Wilson. (In no particular order)

There have been others where I haven't had particularly good service from. (Not against you Paul W - as we've never done business with one another)

Just my 2p worth.

I couldn't agree more, however there is also the sabotage risk (which might be the main reason why its not been brought in here). Lets say one member has a bad experience with a trader (possibly through no fault of the trader itself), then all his mates chip in with giving a low score. Result, one trader gets an extremely low score making them appear poor compared to others. Flights start, etc....

I couldn't agree more, however there is also the sabotage risk (which might be the main reason why its not been brought in here). Lets say one member has a bad experience with a trader (possibly through no fault of the trader itself), then all his mates chip in with giving a low score. Result, one trader gets an extremely low score making them appear poor compared to others. Flights start, etc....
Agreed ... we need to avoid sabotage. This could be one solution:

Member contacts Mod before leaving a feedback score .. - basically saying I'm going to leave feedback for trader X. Trader X recieves a feedback request (Basicaly, a member saying "I've done business with you & want to leave feedback). Approved requests are when the trader X acknowledges the member. Rejected requests are to stop sabotage.

Member leaves feedback at their leisure.

This would give traceability .. and stop unfair negative feedback. A trader won't be able to reject a legitimate feedback request .. because the member will be able to prove that they did business.

That seems fair to me ... Members get to give anonymous feedback & traders/mods retain control over it.

Member contacts Mod before leaving a feedback score .. - basically saying I'm going to leave feedback for trader X. Trader X recieves a feedback request (Basicaly, a member saying "I've done business with you & want to leave feedback). Approved requests are when the trader X acknowledges the member. Rejected requests are to stop sabotage.

Member leaves feedback at their leisure.

This would give traceability .. and stop unfair negative feedback. A trader won't be able to reject a legitimate feedback request .. because the member will be able to prove that they did business.

That seems fair to me ... Members get to give anonymous feedback & traders/mods retain control over it.

:limp:

I'm sorry, just hate things like this!!

My 1p worth is that this is a members site, and as such members should be allowed to express there view(s) and more so! be allowed to share there events and dealings with any trader, The good the Bad or the Ugly.

:blahblah: :swear: :swear: :blahblah: :blahblah:

sorry for the rant.... :respekt:

I'm pretty sure that one of the other times this has been suggested it was agreed that an ebay style system would be investigated (and is being) and it would be trialed. If it is abused then it will go again I would have thought, but thats only me speculating. No offence but theres too much testosterone around her at times to make it totally fair :p

Plus of course people are always quick to jump on the bad things but people rarely remember/comment the good. Thats a fact based on customer service in general, not just here so it has potential to give a false impression, thats one of the problems we face with it.

I can also recommend Paul at Whifbitz! He sure knows his stuff, gives good prices and is always honest when it comes to any work being done on your car.

The amount of times i have had money to burn and he has turned me away from some of my ideas, because he KNOWS the correct way to tune cars. :respekt:

Can't fault the guy imho

L8er

G

The threads should only get locked when they get out of hand, off topic and people who have no involvement start chipping in their thoughts etc

And how often does that happen ? I don't mean to seem arguementative, but when someone posts a thread up ... it's obvious that people are going to chip in with their own views/thoughts - this is a free speech forum afterall.

Rosie, the company that made total screw-up of your car. If they were a trader on this forum .. and you posted up a thread. What do you think would happen ?

Thanks for all the response. Been alot of help, just wanted to be confident with who i let alter the engine as i understand its not your usual 1.0 litre Ford engine which looks complex enough to me. The cars already cost me enough dont want to start paying out for monthly repairs/alterations due to bad mods.

Thanks again... and it looks like il be seeing you some time in August Paul. Will ring you closer to the time.

:thanks:

bought my Supra from Paul and a couple of other bits - always very helpful & honest

something that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is that he has his own Supra to practise on ;) and that, from what i've heard, goes like stink! Definitely looks the part

I have been very lucky to go in it twice. 920 odd BHP!!! :read: The sound of it is truly insane and i have to say, after riding shotgun with Paul, you know the man knows how to drive and get the most from our Supras. My advice....pop down and see him and i am sure you will be pleased.

Cheers

G

How does this avoid sabotage by the trader where he knows he is likely to get a bad rating and refuse it????

How does this avoid sabotage by the trader where he knows he is likely to get a bad rating and refuse it????

Because if the trader refuses the feedback request - to deliberately avoiding getting legitimate bad rating .. the member can contact the mod.

At the end of the day ... it's just another form of "word of mouth" isn't it - this rating system .. or whatever you want to call it ... is simply an opinion.

Obviously - it should be fair that if the trader recieves feedback that they feel isn't fair .. then the trader should post a rebuttal.

At the end of the day, I think - a system should be inplace .. so that it benefits the members - but it's also fair to the traders.

This rating system - or whatever ... isn't exactly rocket-science is it!