The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul Slowdog Destroyed And Vandalised My Car

fastisnice

My engine was in good working order for the past 2 Years,never had to touch the bottom end. A piece of metal was sacked down my engine when PAUL put the engine back and blew up piston no 3 because he had the car running without a pipe.

THE little boy who does all the work instead of PAUL put the caps wrong (ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE NUMBERS ON THEM!!!) and ruined MY NEW POLISHED AND PORT HEAD WHICH H E TOOK OFF AND SENT AWAY and H E PUT BACK TOGETHER.

SO its damaged and i cant use it.

I GAVE TO PAUL BRAND NEW IN THE BOX CROWER CAMS/HKS HEAD GASKET AND TITANIUM RETAINERS WHICH I PURCHASED DIRECT FROM MIAMI GT THEY COST ME OVER £1000.

HE FIT THE WRONG SIMS AND WHEN I ASKED HIM WHAT SIZE SIMS DID U FIT? HE SAID THE THICKEST ONES!!

You suppose to measure them first!!.That damaged my CAMS.

I went there and the car first time started (AFTER 2 DAYS) but it was so noisy because of the wrong sims (Remember? )

This did further damage! to my engine.EVERYBODY knows if you fit the wrong SIMS you will damage the engine!!!!!

Then because he had to open the engine 8 TIMES!! he ruined the new head gasket.

Owen told me he even had the screws loose on the block!!

Not to mention he was chucking oil inside the spark plugs to create compression!!.(like that was going to help)

JESUS CHRIST AT LEAST HE DIDNT EVEN OFFER TO PAY FOR THE NEW PARTS WHICH HE DAMAGED.

THEY WERE IN THE BOX SO NO CHEAP EXCUSES THERE!!.

THATS OVER £1000 PARTS GONE.NOT TO MENTION DESTROYING AND SCRATCHING MY NEWLY RESPRAYED CARBON BONNET AND HOOD PINS!!! WHICH I PURCHASED FROM MIAMI GT AS WELL. He said "the air took it!. "

Im talking about a completely irresponsible garage. Anyway PAUL can say what ever excuses he wants.

The report which im getting from OWEN and the pictures of the damages will prove what I AM talking about.

- Im taking this to court.

Also Owen told me another car (I know who because that person told me personally as well) had to be towed there after PAUL tryed to fit a fuel kit and a big single.

Owen had to refit EVERYTHING and they said if they would start the car would have BLOWN UP!!.

Im not arguing here im just describing what i saw and what OWEN Told me!

I will give to this forum a full report and pictures because I never lie. I will prove every single point i make.

Enough is ENOUGH.My car has been VANDALISED IF ANYTHING!!.

Its like when you wake up and someone has damaged your car outside your house.We all had this experience!

On the top of that i had to pay £500!! for a f****d cylinder head and WRONG SIMS!! which f****d my brand new cams!

I this this is disgusting

Im left with over 3K damages paying for someone f****g my car up.

"OWEN DEVELOPMENTS CAN VERIFY TO ANYONE IN HERE WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO MY CAR" You can even go and look at yourselves my engine is in bits over there.

_____

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good!! :thumbdown

What sort of background has this guy that 'f*cked' your engine got?

If proven, sounds convincing at the moment, then they should do the right thing and not force it through court.

Paul

errr!!! im just about to book my car in with them....... errrr well maybe not!!!!!!!!, id heard very good things bout miami gt, now who to go to... JEM are aparantly crap miami gt are aparantly crap....any ideas!!!!!

I've heard of his background but i wont say it in here! Its not charming at all..

He agreed to pay me £1000 for all the damages!, i have over 3K damages over here...but when he agreed he backed off (yesterday) He wanted me to PAY to ship my engine to him!! and then he was going to check it??? to give me 1/3 of the damages!!!!We 've been trying to come to an agreement for over a month but he wasnt going to pay me for my f*cked bonnet, neither for other stuff which i AGREED because im sick of this and then he came up with that stupid idea.

IM NOT AN IDIOT SORRY!!!

I have full backup from OWEN and my previous mechanic(who is famous and proven)

Paul spoke to OWEN and explained him all the wrongs he did! He even admitted most of them

i know i will win -

errr!!! im just about to book my car in with them....... errrr well maybe not!!!!!!!!, id heard very good things bout miami gt, now who to go to... JEM are aparantly crap miami gt are aparantly crap....any ideas!!!!!

D.I.Y. :p then you only have yourself to blame if things go tits up

From now on i WIll only take my car to Owen developments they are way proven in the UK and if you go down there and see their workshops you will be shocked!!

I learnt through the painfull process there is no cheap way

Do it right the first time

I have full backup from OWEN and my previous mechanic(who is famous and proven)

-

Just curious, but why risk an unknown (to you) mechanic when you have a 'highly' tuned car build/tuned by someone else who is 'Famous and proven'?

Guest slow dog

Unfortunate saga....

Kostas had his car Green flagged to the unit – it was not running

The rear diff had exploded and he required a TRD Diff undertaking together with a head rebuild prior to mapping at Owen with an F-CON

The TRD Rear diff we sourced from the USA did not fit the casing

The second rear diff took we sourced from Japan did not fit the casing

This was because his previous mechanic had fitted an auto rear diff to his manual car – this was the second diff he had broken

In my opinion it was in an undrivable state (safely that is)

Other problems on arrival included

The Crank pulley ‘fell off’ as it had the wrong woodruff key

The water injection had snapped off and hanging

We spent over 30 hours rebuilding his head seven times in an effort to obtain compression – but to no avail

Eventually he trailered the car to Owens who, I understand, have identified a problem with scoring in bore three (bottom end) together with other stuff on the engine which we never touched – they have apparently not looked further in the bottom end to see why it would not get compression

Kostas has blamed me for ‘ruining’ his engine

Kostas has not been charged for any labour £500.00, he has purchased another WHOLE engine for £1400.00 (for which he wants me to pay) and required a new set of Cams worth £800.00 (which he wants me to pay) and has not paid for the £785.00 worth of parts fitted to his car or the porting and polishing of his head £350.00

I have not seen a ‘report’ from anyone – and have offered to make good any mistakes that I have made.

This includes the refitting of the cam caps when my young chap knocked them over and I refitted in the wrong order

But I am not going to take the fall for his bottom end which we never touched – and the potential oil starvation which could have caused scoring between cams and cams caps etc and head problems

I am sorry if this gives the impression that I am a heartless – but this is not the case – I just require some reasonable communication and fairness in this…but I will not be blackmailed by anyone threatening to ‘post up on the forum’

Please see here for some previous examples of the way this car has been run

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showth...6023#post406023

and here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=23323

I feel sorry for any mechanic that is asked to undertake such a job

I write this not to make excuses or look for comments – but just for the record. I have learned something from this too…

You Can See How Good Paul Is From His Examples...

My Water Injection Was Hanging Off And My Diff Was Broken

Yes Correct

Nobody Spoke About The Diff Or The Erl Water Injection!!!!

My Water Injection Was Off Because I Had To Replace The Pump.

My Diff Was Broken But My Engine Was In Good Working Order

My New Parts Were S I M P L Y Brand New

My Cylinder Head Which You Took Out Was S I M P L Y New

Because You Rebuilt And Fit Back!!!!!!

My Bonnet Was Fully Resprayed

My Pins Were There When I Gave You The Car!!!

You Can See He Is Using Crap Reasoning To Explain His Skills

Diff??? Water Injection??? Who Said Anything About That??

No Worries My Friend, Wait And See The Report From Owen And The Pictures Will Prove Everything I Say!

How Did You Manage To Chuck A Metal Piece Inside My Engine?

How Did You Manage To Fit The Wrong Sims And Destroy My New Cams???

How Did You Manage To Fit In The Wrong Order The Cylinder Caps And Destroy My Brand New Cylinder Head Which Y O U F I T.

And You Are Talking About Water Injection??

You Are Dreaming

Ok just to clarify........

So the car was green flagged to Paul due to a broken diff? The engine was fine at this stage, would tickover etc etc just no drive?

Decision made that, while the diff was being sorted it was sensible to change/add the other bits you had to fit?

When these were fitted and engine fired back up thats when the engine/compression problems occured?

(OPPS most answered above - think i'm going to keep out of this now!)

Exactly!!. We were running the engine to steer it off the trailer. The scorch to the pistons were because of the sacking of a METAL piece when he put the engine back...

And Owen has pull the engine in bits i saw everything go there and have a look yourself.

"This includes the refitting of the cam caps when my young chap knocked them over and I refitted in the wrong order"

Yes refitting them wrong will damage the head at least you admit 1 out your 10 mistakes!!!!!!!!

Anyway i knew you will start trying to explain using cheap excuses. Owen report's and pics will explain everything.

If you want to talk about damages have a look at MY BRAND NEW CAMS/GASKET/RETAINERS.

OR they were fucked as well before you fit them?

because i bought them off miami GT and i gave them to you IN THE BOX!

I feel for PaulK, I feel for you mate as well.

Anybody who's rebuilt engines a few times will know how easy it is to get stuck with a 'basketcase' blessed with the botches of previous hacks. Fecked threads, wrongly torqued bolts, wrongly assembled bits, wrong parts altogether, blah blah...

The only way to have peace of mind is to get the manuals and tools and strip everything down, measure every little thing and rebuilt it yourself bit by bit, part by part, with no time constraints (you gotta have another runabout car of course!).

By then we're almost talking restoration projects, aren't we?

For this reason, some mechanics are very reluctant to give time/price quotes beforehand, because who knows what house of horrors awaits them...

As for compression issues, I've always found leakdown tests to be extremely illuminating.

funny story is when i went there there was a bunch of little boys and a big bloke who didn't know where are the sparkplugs!!

Paul was sitting on a chair ignoring the situation!!!

Nice one

At this point you should have walked or was the damage done by then?

eerrmmm

I never wanted to rebuild my engine!

All i bloody wanted was a freaking replacement of CAMS and a freaking porting and polishing on the cylinder head!

What fuck ups of previous? no one had ever opened my engine before!

And you can see clearly OWEN is describing with every single little detail how he fit all the parts wrong and one caused the next and the next and the next part to break down!

I was there when he fit the wrong sims and was running the car with all that NOISE.

Owen said "for sure he hadnt been running the car for long time with the wrong bits but long enough to cause CHAOS"

Also what about my new Bonnet??