The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another probably daft question!

Tricky

you are probably going to be sick of me by the time i get round to getting a supra, but when getting a new car i like to know as much as possable about what im buying, and at the moment i know vertualy nothing so im running stuff by you lot (if you dont mind) coz you all seem to know shit loads, plus are nice enough to pass on your knowledge!

im looking around at mods at the moment and im having a look at suprastore! there lowest stage tune up is the BPU kit! And works out at around £750 and says it will take the power up to 460hp, now i realise that this is more-than-likely to be at the crank, but i was told on here the other day that you are looking at around £1000 to take a TT up to 400hp so i think this is the right kinda kit to do that!??? plus although i do drive a rear wheel drive car at the moment, its only an MR2 and it sertainly isnt 400hp so i dont think i should go much higher to quickly! it seems to just consist of exhaust, boost controler and a thing called a "GReddy BCC" what is a BCC? is it an airfilter, or what? i have no idea!

also have anyone delt with suprastore? are they good? i know iv got loads of parts from fensport for my toyota now and i trust them! and they came through recomendation, but im always sceptical about co's. in the US that iv never delt with although i belive they have a good rep!

thanks again everyone

Tricky

suprastore? are they good?

i belive they have a good rep!

Mark who runs Suprastore is one of the most despised people on the internet.

Be prepared for a long wait if you order anything from them and don't expect them to take any action at all if you get the wrong stuff delivered.

So, to recap:

Suprastore are bargepolemungous to most of us.

i think people on here have had some bad dealings with suprastore. I think they were called something else not long ago too. I think BPU should see you at 400 or maybe a little under. What should be o shopping list would be a Exhaust, decat pipes (and restrictor ring if J-Spec), FCD or VFCD, Induction kit and a boost controller. But if your worried about the sudden increase in power leave the Booct controller (BC) of the list for a couple of months.

what is a BCC? is it an airfilter
It's a Boost Cut Controller. Over here we usually call them FCDs (Fuel Cut Defender/Defencer)

It's an electical gizmo that increases the point that the ECU cuts the fuel supply to the engine when it senses that the boost level is too high above stock. The FCD made by Thor Racing in UK is excellent.

ahhhhhhh

i saw one of these on fensport last night for £95 lol probably not the best in the world tho im guessing! now hold on im going to go a bit techie!! lol these are the thing s that when you hit the rev limmiter make a VERY nice kinda popping / banging noice is that right??? or is that just what all TTs do at the top end of the revs? im not soooooo worried about the jump in power im not under any delusions about my driving skills im not a good driver (because i dont think there is such a thing as a good 21 year old driver! imo) this asside i do considder my self to be above average! so i will be taking it easy at first, just to get used to the car! plus i think im going to hang fire and get one around march or april time next year so im not trying to cope with 300+hp in the snow! thanks for the BCC advice!

i had no idea suprastore were so bad! il have a look around for some of the horror storys (gotta like a good complaine! lol) anyone herd of a company called Tsunami racing! ha i could tell you some storys! lol

Tricky

these are the thing s that when you hit the rev limmiter make a VERY nice kinda popping / banging noice is that right???
No, that's the rev limiter. Don't rev it so high, you'll break something.

You won't experience fuel cut and need a FCD until you're making 1.0 bar of boost or more.

No offence meant, Tricky, but I find your posts quite hard to read. Try a few capital letters here and there. The odd full stop and comma wouldn't go amiss either. :D :thumbs:

Hi you would be better of with a TRL unit . A BCC is only basicaly a boost delimiter so you dont get cut when raising boost . TRL is a far better unit and the person that makes em is only up the road so he can help you out with any problems. Now this appiles to TT only if you want to raise rev limit you need to look into ECU mods. All TT's make a noise when you keep em pinned to the max to hit the rev limit.

Sorry bud, I am dyslexic most times I run my posts through windows word first just to be on the safe side then copy them back in before posting! But I was getting excited about the FCD thing lol! (No offence taken btw i am 100% cool with it!) Ill remembers to try and not rev to the limiter! :)

Has anyone seen a video on the net called red line? It might be well known it might not be! Got a great tune playing in the background, and there are some well nice cars in it! That’s pretty much the reason why I want a supra lol saw it like 2 ½ years ago and fell in love!

Tricky

Ill look in to the TRL unit too! I want to do loads of stuff to it! Got loads of grand designs but its best to aim high and see where you get I find! I am really tempted by the top secret wide body kit but my girl friend says if I spend £4500 on a kit she wants an X5! So its swings and roundabouts lol

Tricky