The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how to lower the boost??

Guest WRC

have just fitted a bosst gauge, and put my tt in the parallel operasion.

it boost around 1.1-1.2 in 2nd gear 1.3 in 3nd 1.4 in 4nd,5nd, havent tried 6nd gear. this is to much to my jspec turboes. how will i lower the boost??

the car has mines ecu, decat, open airfilter.

ok, but i dont have any, where shall that be, and how does it look?? isnt there any adjustments that can be done on the turboes/actuators??

When my car was a "normal" TT, I used a restrictor ring and upped the boost via a BC. Unfortunately, when I run in parallel mode, they still over boosted to 1.5 bar. I tried everything inclduing turning the BC off but it still happened and despite several posts on the board, no one could explian why.

CJ, would it be possible to get Chris to make one up, say with a much smaller hole and then use the BC. but then i guess you'd make the EGT rise more.

Possibly. I used a CW ring set at 1.2 bar (IIRC) but it still didnt hold to that level of boost. Strange thing was, it did in sequential mode but not parallel. :shrug:

so a restrictor ring is a ring with a smaller hole, that you put in your exhaust?? anybody have a picture with sizes on or something??

CJ, would it be possible to get Chris to make one up, say with a much smaller hole and then use the BC. but then i guess you'd make the EGT rise more.

I asked Chris this question when getting mine done. Basically he said no, as it would cause high EGTs like you say. :)

the car was in parallel mode when i postet this. have now set the turboes back to standard. but have still problems with the boost. i have a restrictor ring that should hold it to 1.1bar. but it boost up to 1.2 in second gear.in 3nd gear it is not stabil, sometimes it boost 1.25 but sometimes it goes up to 1.4bar.could it be a leak somewhere? the car got a Mines ecu, hks sparks,apexi airfilter, decat and big exhaust.