The mkiv Supra Owners Club

j-spec pads/discs

kosmic

thats very reasonable...what about the fronts??
We didn't need the fronts (It's for Lightwave's car)

That really does sound reasonable, in fact a little too reasonable for me........you got the part no's for them mate?
No.

I'm picking them up tonight though. I'll try to remember to get them for you.

I got new discs and pads all round for the j-spec and with 10% discount it came to over 400 quid, this was about 3 weeks ago.

I also checked with couple of other companies and if you are getting them at 26 a corner I will be amazed!!

If you want the part numbers I can get them off the invoice when I get home from work?

I got new discs and pads all round for the j-spec and with 10% discount it came to over 400 quid, this was about 3 weeks ago.

I also checked with couple of other companies and if you are getting them at 26 a corner I will be amazed!!

If you want the part numbers I can get them off the invoice when I get home from work?

How much were the front pads/discs?

Well surprise surprise, the discs I was quoted £26 for were the wrong ones. They were for a Corolla or something.

I've hopefully got the right ones on order now (307mm diameter) and they should be in on monday.

They are £31,??p each and the part number is ADT34311.

I'll try to remember to update this thread with how we get on.

I could but it won't help you in Cambridge as they're not a mail order company. Collection only for private customers and local delivery for trade.

Phone your local Partco for prices. The part number for the discs is above.

JAP SPEC N/A

brake pads front - 04465-14081 - 54.55 (set)

brake pads rear - 04466-30030 - 32.18 (set)

brake discs front - 43512-14190 - 66.33 (each)

brake discs rear - 42431-30140 - 76.57 (each)

Vat to go on these prices as well.

All from Mr.T

I've hopefully got the right ones on order now (307mm diameter) and they should be in on monday.

They are £31,??p each and the part number is ADT34311.

I'll try to remember to update this thread with how we get on.

Well they were the wrong ones again! :complain: :swear:

Didn't open the boxes til I got home though and the supplier had shut by then.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Guest Rays the roof
JAP SPEC N/A

brake pads front - 04465-14081 - 54.55 (set)

brake pads rear - 04466-30030 - 32.18 (set)

Vat to go on these prices as well.

All from Mr.T

Don't bother with these pads. Get CW (Chris Wilson) pads. A tad dearer, but the improved performance is well worth the extra.

No I knew you had to change all the pads as that's quite obviousl (they wear down!!!), but having never been involved in any way with changing discs on a car I couldn't see any valid reason to change more than one.

They come from the same place, i.e.: If I bought 2 they'd have as much inbalance between them as the one on my car and a new one. They don't wear away as they're quite a bit tougher than the material that's rubbing against them (pads), so there's no reason to think that my old ones are any different to a new one (except one of mine is warped!!).

Guest chiefvinso

Sorry, but if if you are joking then forget my response. If you are replacing discs you should ideally replace both sides as the discs do wear, just not as quick as pads.