The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need info for the FAQ section and YOU can answer it

Aerotop Dave

I am tantalisingly close to finalising my excel chart that shows the various Supra models and the differences. It's taken hours of trawling various websites but there's still some things that are hazy and I'd really like to make the chart as accurate as possible. So...

Pre-facelift NA owner questions:

Has anyone got a four spoke steering wheel?

Has anyone got cruise control? (I suspect not but wanted to check)

Has anyone got an active spoiler? (again the answer should be no)

Facelifted owner questions:

Has anyone got cruise control on a facelifted TT?

Any NA facelifted owners with fold in wing mirrors?

Any NA facelifted owners with four spoke steering wheel?

Any NA facelifted owners with an active spoiler?

UK owner questions:

Is the dashboard coated in that infamous rubber coating or not?

Does the UK have fold in wing mirrors?

Everyone:

Has anyone got a UK, J-Spec TT or J-Spec NA with twin glove boxes? (I think this is only the GZ model).

Can I please ask -

I'm looking at factory fitted options, not things you've fitted yourself or you know the previous owner fitted themselves. Also, I've got loads of info that conflicts, I'm after hard evidence from your own car not info you've just heard about. If your evidence contradicts replies already posted, please put it up anyway and we'll go with the most common option!

Thanks folks :thumbs:

NA Facelift with (electrically) folding mirrors - YES

UK has heated mirrors, manually foldable but not electrically so.

My first NA (prefacelift) had twin glove boxes.

Others bits re Active spoiler and Cruise i'll investigate.....as i've seen Prefacelift NA's advertised with Cruise and Facelift NA's advertised with an Active spoiler.....but no hard ownership type proof....

I have a preface NA and a VVti TT

Pre-facelift NA owner questions:

Has anyone got a four spoke steering wheel?

Has anyone got cruise control? (I suspect not but wanted to check)

Has anyone got an active spoiler? (again the answer should be no)

No, No, No

Facelifted owner questions:

Has anyone got cruise control on a facelifted TT?

No.

Everyone:

Has anyone got a UK, J-Spec TT or J-Spec NA with twin glove boxes? (I think this is only the GZ model).

JSpec NA '94 has twin boxes- NO airbags.

'97 VVti TT has an airbag on top box.

Are you sure it's a GZ then? Does the VIN plate model code tie up with it being a GZ?

All TT aerotops were GZ's AFAIK.....

Basically i think that we have GZ's fully loaded and with only very few 'options' eg Passenger Airbag, remove rear spoiler, Upgraded Stereo (woofer behind rear seat) rear roof spoiler etc......

and then Na's Rz's etc with the basics plus the option of 'most' of the GZ extras/options and any of the above extras too.....

Hi,

I test drove a really nice '95 storm blue NA manual in Plymouth a few weeks ago which had driver's airbag (in four spoke wheel), active spoiler, twin glove boxes (i.e. no passenger airbag) and folding mirrors. Would have bought it but someone else got there first. Hope this helps.

Edit, 18th June: Just found some pics of this car aand it was only three spoke steering wheel - sorry if this has messed you about Dave.