The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie - Hi all!

Heyrick

Hi,

What a great site! I've been reading through the forums and have learnt loads about Supras! What a helpful lot you are! Just joined today tho.

Anyway, I took delivery of my 1993 TT auto last week. Afaik it's pretty much standard apart from a boost guage, turbo timer and a K&N filter (which, I think, is responsible for making it sound like Darth Vader's living under the bonnet!) along with several factory extras: LSD, slip control, cruise and twin airbags. It's only supposed to have done 23,000m! which isn't a lot for a 12 year old!

What an awesome car! In fact frightening: like when I was overtaking a lorry on my way back from picking it up. I got back to the correct side of the road and the speedo read above 90! Hear me, I don't drive that fast! (I didn't used to anyway!) It doesn't feel like it's going that fast - I suppose because it handles so well. I'm glad now that it's an auto - I need all my concentration for the road - especially when you hit 4,000 revs! All my friends and family love it's looks (including, shock horror, my mum who's 66 and friends at our church!). Supras are quite rare down yer' in Devon I think, so even a standard one stands out.

I have a large family, so I was getting bored of driving the MB Sprinter minibus (see pic) when I'm on my own or out with the wife. I don't think I'm going to be bored anymore!

I'm in Mid Devon if there's anyone close by?

Supra front.jpg

Supra Rear.jpg

Sprinter.jpg

Hello mate and welcome :)

Nice (shiney) looking car you've got there, stock looking ones are getting rare these days!

I also have an aftermarket air filter and will be replacing it with the standard system asap. The stock system is much better since it has better filtering and draws cold air (more HP!). It also gets rid of the darth vader sound you mention :D

Hi all,

Thanks for all the welcomes - I feel at home already! :respekt:

Nice car dude... like the colour....

How big is the family dude?, I've got four kids in the household and use a zafira as the bus *grin*

Gav

Actually, we have a few more ---- eight! and yes we've heard all the jokes so unless you guys can think of something new - lay off! :thanks:

The eldest is 13 and the youngest is 6 months (and he gets the most rides in the soop when I'm out with t'missus). Four of each sort!

Hi,

Hi

Not to far from me , Liskeard, whereabouts in mid devon?

can meet Saltash or similar; often at Exeter.

and welcome btw..

nice car!

I'm near Crediton. Are there others in the area that meet up at all? I think I saw from a post on the "Was it you" thread that there are a couple of members in Exeter but I can't say I've seen any Supras in my travels locally.

Thanks for your welcome btw. :D

Hi,

What a great site! I've been reading through the forums and have learnt loads about Supras! What a helpful lot you are! Just joined today tho.

Anyway, I took delivery of my 1993 TT auto last week. Afaik it's pretty much standard apart from a boost guage, turbo timer and a K&N filter (which, I think, is responsible for making it sound like Darth Vader's living under the bonnet!) along with several factory extras: LSD, slip control, cruise and twin airbags. It's only supposed to have done 23,000m! which isn't a lot for a 12 year old!

What an awesome car! In fact frightening: like when I was overtaking a lorry on my way back from picking it up. I got back to the correct side of the road and the speedo read above 90! Hear me, I don't drive that fast! (I didn't used to anyway!) It doesn't feel like it's going that fast - I suppose because it handles so well. I'm glad now that it's an auto - I need all my concentration for the road - especially when you hit 4,000 revs! All my friends and family love it's looks (including, shock horror, my mum who's 66 and friends at our church!). Supras are quite rare down yer' in Devon I think, so even a standard one stands out.

I have a large family, so I was getting bored of driving the MB Sprinter minibus (see pic) when I'm on my own or out with the wife. I don't think I'm going to be bored anymore!

I'm in Mid Devon if there's anyone close by?

WELL DONE FELLA!! she looks a PRETTY 1,