The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full decat wanted, any suggestions?

S7EVE

Just purchased my standard JSpec NA, Manual. Took her for some new tyres and got an MOT done too, flew through no problem, but got the guy to have a look at my exhaust, as it has quite a bit of movement to it.. Turns out its only being held together by an inch and a half's worth of welding! Anyway, see this as an excellent opportunity to get the exhaust i've always dreamed about! Blitz Nur-Spec R!!! :woot: However, with 12.5 months MOT, it would be rude not to decat her at the same time.

My query is which Items do you guys recommend to replace the cats with? I've seen Chris Wilson Decat pipes mentioned a few times. Which pipes do I need? Centre Pipe and down pipe + Nur Spec? Does anyone know any companies who would complete the work for me? likewise suppliers?

Thanks for your help,

Newbie Steve! :thanks:

Just purchased my standard JSpec NA, Manual. Took her for some new tyres and got an MOT done too, flew through no problem, but got the guy to have a look at my exhaust, as it has quite a bit of movement to it.. Turns out its only being held together by an inch and a half's worth of welding! Anyway, see this as an excellent opportunity to get the exhaust i've always dreamed about! Blitz Nur-Spec R!!! :woot: However, with 12.5 months MOT, it would be rude not to decat her at the same time.

My query is which Items do you guys recommend to replace the cats with? I've seen Chris Wilson Decat pipes mentioned a few times. Which pipes do I need? Centre Pipe and down pipe + Nur Spec? Does anyone know any companies who would complete the work for me? likewise suppliers?

Thanks for your help,

Newbie Steve! :thanks:

Hi Steve, you have a choice of either buying one long decat pipe that replaces both cats, or 2 separate pipes, that each replace a single cat. The 2 piece decat pipes are good because come MOT time it is a relatively quick and easy job to replace the second cat for the emissions test. Chris does the 2 piece pipes so I would contact him, see contact details [user=54]HERE[/user] Once you have the pipes your local garage should be able to fit them for you.

Most aftermarket exhausts are from the cat backwards to the tail pipe, so you would need 2 decat pipes and a cat back exhaust system. See the traders section for links to their websites, there you will find a big choice of exhausts.