The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windscreen washer

psymon

My front windscreen washer does not wash. The bottle is full and the rear washs normal. Is there a pump for the front and one for the rear or are they both from the same pump.

I have disconnected the hose that connect to the bonnet and still no water.

Any ideas.

ta

Silly question maybe, but the washers aernt blocked are they, have you tried poking a pin in them?

Just a thought?

Christian

Edited to say, sorry, didnt read that you had disconnected the hose to the bonnet already, back to square 1! :)

There is only one pump with a trick valve system (I think) that means when the pump spins one way it does the front screen, and when it spins the other way it does the rear screen. My front stopped working once and simply unplugging and replugging the connector on the pump fixed it - the "front-squirt" pin had a bad connection. If you can squirt the rear screen chances are the pump isn't buggered (unless it's the valve system).

The squirty bottle is located in front of the passenger side wheel, and the pump is a push-fit into the rear of the bottle. You need to jack the car up and take the wheel off, then remove the front section on the inner arch liner and it's staring you in the face behind that.

-Ian

Silly question maybe, but the washers aernt blocked are they, have you tried poking a pin in them?

Just a thought?

Christian

Easiest thing to check for is the whining of the pump when you press the button :) If it whines, there is a blockage. If it doesn't, there is a pump problem.

-Ian

Same as Aerotop Dave... felt stupid after figuring you don't pull it towards you like conventional cars. Just figured it the other day... felt proud afterwards :)

I can see the headlines now:

Aerotop Dave Beats Ian C in Technical Problem Solving Battle

:woot:

I type all that in and it's the old "button-what-button" gag :mad: I think I fell for that almost exactly the same way last time as well. In fact, it was probably you I typed it in for.... :rolleyes:

-Ian

Edit to say - nope, it was Paul E I did the explanation for - and we can add Loks and StealthHosts to the list of shame :D