The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving the sup with bigger injectors

GeordieSteve

I'm booked into Thor on the 2nd of next month to have my S-AFCII set up correctly. Now getting it down there is being a bit of an arse (was gonna trailor it down but it's becoming awkward).

The S-AFC has been roughly set up and idle seems only slighly lumpy. Would it be "safe" to drive it down to Thor and keep the foot well off the gas pedal or am I just looking for problems?

Silly question really I suppose?

I shall be upgrading to 550's shortly when I convert to T61 Budget. The SAFC2 will map them.

So, I'm curious about this too. But won't disconnecting the SAFC2 - so it's not using you're basic basemap - make idling the car even worse and driving it ??

Ok sorry to pester folks but I'm obviously f**ked here.

Car is running now thanks to a jump from a 900cc seicento and a bit of time letting it cook some unburnt fuel. Currect settings on 650's

Range Hi Lo

1000 +12 -20

1600 +16 -20

2200 +31 -25

2800 +33 -30

3400 +38 -30

4000 +42 -40

4600 +42 -40

5200 +43 -40

5800 +40 -40

6400 +40 -40

7000 +38 -40

7600 +38 -40

Throttle point

Hi Lo

50% 80%

Can I nicely suggest then not fiddling with the AFC and getting someone with a clue and also importantly a wideband sensor to set it up?

No-one can map your car at range with an AFC or anything else, even settings off someone with *exactly* the same setup could only be considered as a starting point, and if there is one way to wreck your engine as quickly as possible it is by (to all intents and purposes) randomly altering fuelling settings.

If you want to just run the car down to Thor's then you need to pull just enough fuel that it starts and moves, and then drive there off boost the whole way. It's going to suck, driving it like that, but not as sucky as lunching the motor :thumbs:

-Ian

Steve, I am a little confused as to why you are running 650's with hybrids. Anyways, The settings you are using should get you to Thor if you try and stay below half throttle. I guess you don't have a wideband afr guage in the car, so can't really advise you on set up. I would imagine that after mapping you will be almost maxing out the SAFC capabilities taking OUT fuel.

Steve' date=' I am a little confused as to why you are running 650's with hybrids. [/quote']

Advice from others sadly... something that's cost me lots over the last few month (saying that I'd like to leave the option open to big single in the future).

Anyways' date=' The settings you are using should get you to Thor if you try and stay below half throttle.[/quote']

SO bloody glad to hear that mate! Half throttle is fine by me. Big smiles now. Thanks