The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra owners aged 22 and under........

Supragaz

Hi, My brother is 22 and desperately wants in on the supra fold. Insurance however has been a nightmare. Most wont touch him even under my mums policy. I know there are some young owners on here and wanted to know if you could shed some light. Its for a N/A Jspec.

Thanks

Gaz

Thanks for the input guys. Have tried Elephant for my brother but no luck for some reason!! Ceptik........what are the details of that insurance company please as My brother is a Civil Servant.

Thanks again guys. Wont let him give up just yet!!!! :giveup:

Gaz

my renewal quote with elephant this year shot up £400 ..... i'm listed as additional driver on sisters policy... shes 25, 5years ncb, one no fault accident, one speeding fine (sp60 i think).... and this year they want £2500 fully comp on a standard supra :( .... i'm planning to keep it off the road for a month or so and really do some shopping around... best quote so far was with A-plan at £1400 which is really tempting, but again... i wanna get all in for £1200ish as i have my daily runner to insure soon aswell :( ..... insurance is a scam.

i was 21 and was insured on a N/A but Tesco only did it because i was an existing customer. Im now 22 and have a 95 tt 6speed on the way.. got quotes with most companies around the £1200 mark, with 4 years N/C and admitting to a full veilside kit, 19'' chromes, full stainless steel exhorst system and dump valve. Think the companies i had most luck with is A-Plan, Elephant and Admiral. Spent at least 4 hours on the phone gettin quotes. Good luck

Thanks again. Thing is I only pay £500 f/comp and am 27 with 5 yrs ncb which I think is fine. But why do some companies still insist on quoting my ridiculous prices? Will keep egging him on but he is running out of insurers!!!!! :thumbdown

i found that when i was looking around at differant cars to buy elephant were the best! but thats was on a 10month scheme and i think im right in saying you have to pay in one go with elephant! im 21 with 1 year n/c and there were charging £1075 full comp for a UK spec (i pay £680 TPF+T on a 1.6 N/A now standard 1988 MR2) so thats pritty amazing! & £2100 full comp of a Jspec and both of those were for a 94 TT 6speed!

those quote were what sold the idea of a supra to me! i looked at R33, 300ZX, GTO, etc and was looking at £4000 at least! got some realy low quotes on a subaru SVX which would be cool if they didnt go pop all the time!

anyway getting back on subject! iv been told to try skyinsurance! iv herd good reports but havnt tryd getting a quote yet!

Tricky

excuse me its one of those days... again! i might try for a quote this weekend! let me know if your bro trys them and gets anywhere!! plz

supergal... do you have to be a memebr of the club to get a quote? is it much cheeper if you are a memeber of the owners club??

thanks Tricky

I've been insured with Elephant this year (was 22 when I took out the policy) on a TRD 3000GT, everything declared as follows:

Full bodykit, Aftermarket Wheels, Lowered, Induction Kit, Exhaust

My details were:

22, 3 years NCB, no accidents, points over 4 years ago

Elephant charged me £2150 for a 10 month policy. Putting my old "I have 5 million years no claims" man as a named driver on my policy dropped it by nearly £200! None of the mods are replaced in an accident.

The service is absolutely appalling from Elephant, they finally got my insurance right after 11 (yes, eleven) cover notes being sent out, and overcharging my card by nearly £700 because their employees failed to process my no claims entitlement. Absolutely Useless.

My renewal is due soon, and Sky Insurance (club insurer) have quoted me £1550 with the car down specifically as a TRD 3000GT (yes, the underwriters actually know what it is!) like-for-like mod replacement, and an agreed value of £18k. And that's before I tell them that I now have another years no claims to add, completely clean license, and i'm a year older...

I've been dealing with Scott there, and he has been absolutely superb, very very impressed with them.