The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Decat Pipe Does Not Fit

DAVEBOY

Hi Guys New Member I Have A New Decat Pipe For My 1994 Tt Rz The Flang Is To Big At The Top For My Jap Spec I Gotit From The Usa They Said It Will Fit A 93 To 98 But No It Does Not Just The Top End Is The Problem I Was Told It Will Fit A Uk Tt Is That Right Just Need Some Advice Thanks

Thanks for the advice i shall sell or change the flang thanks again

chris wilson might have a flange for the jspec but to b honest you might suffer creep problems with the pipe, so i'd probably sell it to a uk spec and get some cw pipes.

Hi Guys New Member I Have A New Decat Pipe For My 1994 Tt Rz The Flang Is To Big At The Top For My Jap Spec I Gotit From The Usa They Said It Will Fit A 93 To 98 But No It Does Not Just The Top End Is The Problem I Was Told It Will Fit A Uk Tt Is That Right Just Need Some Advice Thanks

I too was a muppet and bought a double decat pipe from Ebay "this will fit Jap models too" i think he said. Its the part that fits to the down pipe thats wrong, so i just got a pipe cutter to chop it in half and weld a flange to it to replace just one cat (further away from the engine). when i can be bothered i'll buy the other decat pipe and change the first one too.

I knew i'd have peoblems selling it on and didn't want to take the chance of sending it back to America and not getting a refund - hence cut my losses but at least made something of it.

I too was a muppet and bought a double decat pipe from Ebay "this will fit Jap models too" i think he said. Its the part that fits to the down pipe thats wrong, so i just got a pipe cutter to chop it in half and weld a flange to it to replace just one cat (further away from the engine). when i can be bothered i'll buy the other decat pipe and change the first one too.

I knew i'd have peoblems selling it on and didn't want to take the chance of sending it back to America and not getting a refund - hence cut my losses but at least made something of it.

they are bloody good decat pipes though!. They'd be too free-flowing for a j-spec though, considering J-Specs need a restrictor ring with 2.5" decat pipes and these are 3".

they are bloody good decat pipes though!. They'd be too free-flowing for a j-spec though, considering J-Specs need a restrictor ring with 2.5" decat pipes and these are 3".

yeah they are very well made theres no arguing that. to be honest i never actually tried fitting it as the bolts on the down pipe are shagged and need snapping off, rethreading etc..loads of people said this is a pig of a job and costs a fair few £££ but someone else bought the exact same one and told me they don't fit so i took their word for it.

when i've saved enough i'll take it to CW and ask him to do it all. - he love that ;)

I turned up, gave the mechanic the decat pipe and bag of bolts that come with it, told him what i wanted doing then Sat in the waiting room - aprox 45 mins later and £50 poorer it was done.

He had to cut one end of the cat pipe off as it had been welded to the exhaust and unbolted the other end. He cut the decat the same length as the cat pipe that he removed and welded a new flange on.

If i need to put it back on for MOT purposes the decat can easily be unbolted but id need to get a flange welded back on the cat pipe.

yours should be much simpler, just unbolt the cat, cut decat to size, weld new flange on and bolt on to the car - job done. But i think he'll still charge the same £50 as this is his minimum rate.

thanks steve booked in on 25th this mouth pop in say hello i will be there at 8.30 am cheers

I would do but i work Saturdays unfortunately. :violin:

Hes a very nice bloke and should remember me as we chatted a while about the car. He used to own a UK spec a few years back and loved it.

I doubt very much you'll need a restrictor ring for just removing the mid cat but if you do there only about £25 from Chris Wilson, he'll post you one and you should be able to fit it yourself

I noticed the turbos are louder and spin up quicker, whether this is all in the mind but it did feel quicker more at the top of the rpm range. Most inportantly though is the noise and tone of the exhaust and the little occational burble you get too. - you won't be disappointed, trust me. :D

He will mod the pipe to fit so the middle one will be replaced the cat on the downpipe will stay still giving me my max of1.2 bar but will have to get a fcd thanks

you might want to check with some of the other guys that its safe to run 1.2 bar with the 1st cat (nearest engine) still in as i've heard the exhaust gases might get far too hot.

As you know i've just replaced the mid cat only, i still require a boost controller to up boost to 1 bar. Even at 1 bar some people say you run the risk of very hot exhaust gases causing damage.