The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New springs - what shall I get?

Justin

I have massively lowered Eibachs at the moment and the very stiff ride on our roads is starting to drive me nuts. And my fillings have come out.

The car is also very low and catches the odd speed bump.

More worrying though is when I floor it and it catches an undulation the car leaps off the ground as it is so low, hard and skittish.

Obviously doing 170 round a bend it is great and level but I can't say I do that too often.

So what should I go for?

I'm thinking about new J-Spec springs.

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

I am having similar deliberations at the moment - I need to change my standard jap suspension as the rear shocks are knackered.

I was thinking of either yellow bilsteins, or koni adjustables, with either eibach or tein h tech or custom wound springs. Don't want to stretch to coilovers...

The thing I am unsure about is that with the eibach springs people who have driven them say they are very harsh, but the spring rates are about half of most coilovers.

The Tein H tech springs look like they may be a good bet as they only lower the car 1/2 inch below stock - similar spring rate to the eibachs though.

I am actually thinking of the tein H tech springs as opposed to the S tech.

S tech 1.2" front 1.0" drop rear 670lbs front 360lbs rear

H tech 0.5" front drop 0.4" drop rear 605lbs front 330lbs rear

This would give 40% stiffer than stock on the front, and 50% on the rear, with a drop similar to that which CW recommends.

Paul what is you BEST price on these please and how long ?

Go for Tein's or the Espilir (made by Ray's Wheels/Volk). Both lower the car by only a reasonable amount (20mm) and offer great handling.

Gaz.

Gaz do you have a price for both the h tech teins, and the espilir springs and the spring rates for the espilir springs The h tech drop from stock is 0.5"f 0.4"r do you have the exact drop of the espilir springs ?

Thanks

Guest Terry S

FYI guys I had Tein S techs and they were awful...boardering on unsafe at high speed, extremely bouncy, below 80 they seemed OK. If it were my money I would buy Eibachs all day long.

FYI guys I had Tein S techs and they were awful...boardering on unsafe at high speed, extremely bouncy, below 80 they seemed OK. If it were my money I would buy Eibachs all day long.

Thanks Terry - always good to get feedback from someone who has actually driven the parts they recommend :sly:

And with that - decision made !

Ta mate