The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to remove graphics/shopping list?

Pete

ok get a hair dryer and just work your way across one of the grapgics gently warming a letter i the graphics.Once you lift the corner of a letter with your finger nail (if you have them)just direct the hot air to the leading lifted edge and stickers will peel off a treat.Fingers may get a bit hot though.Wipe any residue away with turps or white spirit.

You see,peeling graphics is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...first you bring her up to temperature,peel her nicely and blow on her gently.When finshed you wipe clean and she will thank you for a job well done!!

sorry dude but I love the fast show.

Good luck

The glue can sometimes be a nightmare to get off. I was a little wary of using white spirits, but got some "bug and tar" remover from my local motor store, and it took it straight off. Its excellent stuff, it will take off just about any kind of sh1t, id highly recommend it...

When I used to give my mate a hand when he was importing American cars, we used to get some come in with the most godawful graphics and stickers all over them.

We used to pour boiling water on them. The sticker goes all soppy and you'll find most if not all of the glue comes off with the sticker. Always found this to be much easier and cleaner than using dry heat. Can take a few kettle loads to go the length of the car when removing pin-striping, but was quicker in the end.

And, no it doesn't damage the paint.

:thumbs:

Yes, you need to warm it up with a hairdryer so its not brittle and doesn't snap off.

Take your time. Don't rush it.

TIP: Don't pull the stickers off away from the car.

After the vinyl is warm and you have a starting point (picked an edge off), fold the edge pack on itself so the sticky side is away from the car.

Using the palm of your hand roll the vinyl off. Similar motion to rolling pastry with a rolling pin.

Some times warm water also helps.