The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Loudest BOV?

Toms Supra

What is the loudest BOV you can get for a Supra? I have tried HKS and Blitz and they are too quiet! So far the standard one with the recirculation pipe removed is the loudest but doesnt hold the boost very well. No Im not a chav lol Just want a loud Dump! :clap: :shrug: I was thinking Bailey those RS turbo boys are loud! I know this will get some negative comments now! But I dont care. :limp:

Congrats on making this post and not using the words "Wikkid" or "innit" :respekt:

Just kiding, as you said you're going to get some stick for this post ;)

Most of the BOV's I've heard have pretty make pretty much the same loudness, but some sound more 'agressive' than others - if that makes sense?

The most agressive one I've heard is the old style Blitz. The Bailey ones on the Fords are loud but IMO sound a bit weedy compared even to the HKS!

Yeah, I've got the HKS and it's... understated.

I know a geezer that visits the Miami GT unit quite a lot. He's got an MR2 with a TurboXS BOV. I'm pretty sure it's the Type H-RFL. Allegedly, it's the loudest BOV you can get and IT REALLY IS LOUD! If you want noise, I think you need to check these out.

Yeah, I've got the HKS and it's... understated.

I know a geezer that visits the Miami GT unit quite a lot. He's got an MR2 with a TurboXS BOV. I'm pretty sure it's the Type H-RFL. Allegedly, it's the loudest BOV you can get and IT REALLY IS LOUD! If you want noise, I think you need to check these out.

i have the turboXS H-RFL on my supra :run: it doesnt leak boost and is so loud! i love it :love: gets everyone's attention

i read somewhere about a blitz BOV which came with differant trumpets to tune the sound! and it was clocked at 165DB which when you considder rock conserts are limited by law to 120DB, 165DB dumping will be pritty insane! il have a look and see if i can find what it was! and post it up!

this is kinda on topic but in the first fast and the furiouse the civics that they chase the trucks with have weard sounding dump valves they kinda whistle a little! anyone any idea what they are???

Tricky

yup it can be located in the stock location but it will be facing down and you wont get the best sound from it but i have altered mine and relocated it without having to weld it onto a hardpipe and now it face up and is very loud, i can send you some pics when i pick up my car tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Tom`s Supra

What is the loudest BOV you can get for a Supra?

So far the standard one with the recirculation pipe removed is the loudest but doesnt hold the boost very well. No Im not a chav

Yeah you are.

Theres always one!

The stock BOV starts to leak after you crank the boost up, mine is anyway.

this is kinda on topic but in the first fast and the furiouse the civics that they chase the trucks with have weard sounding dump valves they kinda whistle a little! anyone any idea what they are???

Greddy Type S I do believe :rolleyes: