The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The horror.....THE HORROR!!!

kosmic

Was up in Brummie today visiting relatives so i thought id go and have a look at at this Supe which has just been advertised in autotrader....seemed too good to be true....TT,6spd,60,000miles etc etc only 7500 hmmm further investigation was required.

Second car down. silver with black/red wheels

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?page=1&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=7000&max_pr=8000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=tw5+9bj&miles=100&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Now ive seen some shit cars in my time but this was the biggest pile of excrement id ever seen. The front seemed to have had a huge shunt, brand spanking new UK spec headlights, bumper with missing lower lip spolier,bonnet with paint drip marks all over, dips n gaps in the bonnet up to 1/2 inch in places, no undertray,missing active spoiler. :thumbdown . Worse was to follow, apparantly the clutch had just been changed to a "sports" clutch....so ok i thought, lets go for a test drive. Rolled out about 2 metres out the garage, gave it some gas and the revs just shot right up......and the thing was doing 5mph..... :ecstatic: ....GREAT new clutch then hey!!! so after a piss poor performance, i had a close look around. Huge burn mark in drivers seat you could actually put your fist through, owner obviously didnt like car mats so there was a big hole in the carpet under the pedals where the owners heel had been rubbing. Boost gauge was something out of a WWII bomber. Double din stereo half bolted in/out. Heaters AC controls were all dead-nothing worked.Turbo timer stripped out and lying in the boot. I commented to the guy that the front/rear wheels tyres were incorrect being (235/45 17) all round and he said that "people only put wider rear tyres on for show" .....muppet!!! The car was an absolutely embarrasment to the Supra race.

Just wanted to warn others who may be keen to go and have a look at the car....DONT bother. It is too good to be true. :thumbdown

Guest Deadlock

kosmic, I saw that supra a week ago (was visiting the GF parents) and the exahust was behind some other cars, was it an inside garage?? 2 guys and a young guy?? gave me the same rubbish and I am new to the supra world and could tell his was dishing me a badly dealt hand!! didn't test drive becaue he said " I have taken out the SPORTS clutch because its too harsh for UK roads and i'm puting in the standard one!!" hmmmmmmm

YEp sounds like the same one. In a big kinda warehouse thing. Had some horrid mesh on the front bumper too. Was trying to reverberate same kinda crap to me but more intensely...lol. The clutch was really hard to push down...it nearly took my leg off when i released it!!! :complain:

Look around mate.

I paid less than that and got a proper example with every single option ticked.

Cars like the one you saw usually turn out to be basket cases, demanding a few grand a year just to keep them on the road --- things start to fall off because of previous botches/neglect. Expensive things.

seemed too good to be true....TT,6spd,60,000miles etc etc only 7500 hmmm
Look around mate.

I paid less than that and got a proper example with every single option ticked.

Yeah but yours is an Auto. Auto TT Supras are always thousands cheaper than the equivalent manual model.

It's a UK spec aswell. How many miles are on it- there must be something wrong with it John, or was it just your day when you bought it?

:hijack:

High mileage, will need stem seals at some point.

Runs like a dream. I, too, expected something to be wrong with it, hell I bought a set of recon turbos beforehand!

As it happens, it was just good timing. The guy had to let it go for £1500 less than what he had paid 9 months before (I found the guy who sold it to him through the forums!)