The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Induction kit choice (help)

Guest dee_rz

Guest dee_rz

which is the best, don't want to spend too much but which is the best for not silly money etc all help and advice and gains and examples plaese.

cheers in advanced :thanks:

Guest dee_rz

thank u for your speedy reply, is there seriously no way of any gains with non stock kit or is there a way of getting enough more cool air and stopping hot air getting in etc

You could box it in but its always going to be letting in some hot air from the engine bay.

Also the panel area on the aftermarket ones is much smaller than the stock one.

If you want an Apexi one I'll do swap with you!

Guest dee_rz

i have hks like yours mate and it's very dirty needs replacing bud, kit look so much better but i'm like you and i'm all for power, i only had the car for a month so i'm still learning about the car and what works for it

When i first got my Sup , Dude told me to ditch the HKS and get the stock one back on , probably get a few more hp .

I took mine to a track day at the wk end , i have a heat shield around the filter and after a few laps the surface temp of it was real hot .

I ended up taking my headight out to force the cold air in at it .

They look nice but i think thats all there good for.

If you must have an aftermarket filter, the A'PEXi one is meant to be the best, but just get yourself a free flowing panel filter from Blitz, or HKS or A'PEXi - only £30. Might not make much difference, but won't do any harm either.

Guest dee_rz

twin de cat is done, hks forged oversized pistons 3.2, hks cons, hks steel gasket, custom exhaust, large blitz front mount, hks irdiums, bov, and a crappy hot air induction kit would like to put a stock on in a way but i'm into having the car as a show car too, think i'll order an apexi but i'll also be on the lookout for a stock box the drag days etc, seem as if once someones selling one they are gone in a flash, thanks so much for your rapid replys it's people like you i need, glad i'm on the forum and hope to see and talk to some of you at gt battle if any of you's are going :thanks:

twin de cat is done, hks forged oversized pistons 3.2, hks cons, hks steel gasket, custom exhaust, large blitz front mount, hks irdiums, bov, and a crappy hot air induction kit would like to put a stock on in a way but i'm into having the car as a show car too, think i'll order an apexi but i'll also be on the lookout for a stock box the drag days etc, seem as if once someones selling one they are gone in a flash, thanks so much for your rapid replys it's people like you i need, glad i'm on the forum and hope to see and talk to some of you at gt battle if any of you's are going :thanks:

Stock is best performance wise, but if you want the best looking and sounding pod filter get a Blitz Sonic Power see HERE these are very popular here and sound really loud and look very bling.

If you want a price for one pm me, as I may be able to get a good deal from here in HK.

My new supe is arriving VERY soon, its got a blitz intake but think im getting the std airbox too.

So would you guys recommend bin'n the blitz intake and putting back on the stock airbox, for best performance???

I'd definitely fit teh stock airbox back on and flog the induction kit on ebay to some Saxo driver.

Guest dee_rz

only just read your post nic, i would have pm'd you to get the blitz but too late i've bloody ordered the apexi, arrhhh, cheers nic and cheers all, i think for a little while i'll have the apexi one on but i'll be sorceing a stock airbox hopefully so i can get some more ponies, gonna try make my own ally heat sheid and air feed to the apexi,cherrs all :respekt: