The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Haribo almost complete....

JustGav

Well,

We have finally gotten to the stage that I've had the first initial roll down the road, while the ecu mapping isn't perfect yet and the boost needs set, the car is running and pulling well...

Since this has been a hell of a project, I feel it is only right to thank those people who have assisted in me in building this car from scratch, and this is in no particular order....

Liam Lovatt (Lovatt) - Sourcing the VVTi donor car

Paul Kent (SlowDog) - Wrench work and taking the piss about not going manual, also doing the preinstallation servicing

Graham Stevenson (Graham S) - Wrench work and the upcoming MOT

Paul Evans (Paul E) - Stillen Nose, Tein Springs, CF bonnet, Hosekits, a lot of other things, turbo kit

Garrett Grant (G Gleam - 01202577650 ) All the polishing work, alloy polishing, and engine bits

Terry Saunders (Terry S) - Assisting with bits and pieces, fuel kits, PHR fuel rail

Dusty Womack (V8 Killer) - eManage hardware and telling me I need to fit a clutch

Ricky Thomas (Not on the board) - Doing a lot of the original stripping work and assembly stuff

Colin (Toyota Basingstoke - 01256406500) - Getting me urgent parts over night from JAAAPPAAN)

Mark (Not on the board, Miami-GT) - For all the welding work on the downpipe and exhaust build

Gaz Walker (Envy) - GReddy TI exhaust

Suprachick (Mel) - For putting up with all my late nights and crap during the build

Ian C & Alex - Emanage maps and debugging

G & R Hydralics (Basingstoke) - Fuel lines and adapters for the fuel kit

Bruce Holt (FiveOmotorsport +1 562 3947128) - Injectors

Jake - For the impromtu photos of wiring looms and other bits and pieces.

I think this list is complete, but if I have forgotten anyone I will add it as I go..

Big shout out to all of those who have helped my dream car happen, especially Slow Dog and Graham S for their time...

Specs are

Red Aerotop

VVTi Big Single T70 DBB with 50mm wastegate

Torsen LSD

Walbro

PHR Fuel Rail

630cc injectors

Tein Springs on yellow bilsteins

CF Bonnet

CF Facelift Dash

Tiptronic gearbox

Polished engine

Polished alloys

Stillen Nose

UK lights

Neons removed (ricky insisted)

For those who didn't know, it was Dangerous Brain's car originally which was a N/A Aerotop Auto, non LSD

Gav

Guest Terry S
I had the FSE put into the incorrect pipe, I had it on the feed and not the return hence the reason it was running lean *grin*

Now I've got it at a stable 40psi, to be turned down to 32psi upon Terry S's comment..

Gav

That was 40/32psi on Vacuum Gav, not static to clear it up for anyone, so you are setting int up to 40psi static now

:thumbs:

Chis what static was his map done at??

That was 40/32psi on Vacuum Gav, not static to clear it up for anyone, so you are setting int up to 40psi static now

:thumbs:

Chis what static was his map done at??

36psi static but for 650cc, so it's going to be a shade rich - always a good base point :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S
36psi static but for 650cc, so it's going to be a shade rich - always a good base point :)

-Ian

There you go Gav, using the technique I told you, and aim for 36 psi, at 40psi vacuum the car must be a little rich ;)

You're a brave man to post that cock-up up

I'm happy to put my hands up when I make a mistake, and I'm happy they are only small mistakes given the scale of the project...

As I said a while back, not bad for an IT boy with a spanner...

Gav

Well, I've just had to order another new part for car :cry:

We were out for a test drive when we had to limp home... doing 20mph down the road and the bonnet flew up...

Luckily no damage to the roof because the CF bonnet just folded.... smashed the windscreen to buggery tho....

Ah well...

Graham S and I needed a new pair of pants when we got back..

Gav

Guest Terry S

We were out for a test drive when we had to limp home... doing 20mph down the road and the bonnet flew up...

Luckily no damage to the roof because the CF bonnet just folded.... smashed the windscreen to buggery tho....

Ah well...

Gav

That is terrible, was it not latched properly? What make??

Glad your both OK, could have been really nasty!

Ah well...

Gav

FFS - so sorry to hear that really glad you are both OK - very nasty!

Yeah, both of us are fine, little shaken...

Windscreen is being replaced soon through insurance so that isn't too bad...

After some advice, probably going back to a stock bonnet with TRD vents cut into it, as it appears that the stock bonnets are a lot stronger.

Gav